Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Your most memerable fishing trip  (Read 5173 times)

rhino

• Old Timer
Your most memerable fishing trip
« on: September 10, 2009, 11:30:27 PM »

Just wanted to start a post about our best fishing trips. given the 2000 plus anglers we on FWR Im sure we have some amazing ones.Whats your most memorable fishing trip? and if you can please post a picture of it! :)

My favorite adventure was at the stamp river last year with one my best friends. we both have been fishing salmon for 6 years now and 4 years for steelhead. But we have never been lucky with steelhead after 4 years of searching. We decided to go to port alberni Saturday night in early December and fish the stamp sunday. we had a couple wobbly pops before going to bed ready for an exciting day ahead.Sunday morning couldn't come fast enough but it did, and we were off trying to catch our first ever steelhead. Both of us being crazy addicted fisherman and dedicated to the sport were excited but given that we had never actually caught one before we were not sure what to expect other then some good company and lots of laughs. My buddy hooks his first ever steelhead after only 6 or 7 cast!! :o :o :o I couldnt believe my eyes! Right after i help him land it I get the first cast out and BAM! i got my first ever steelhead! :o :o :o what a frickin rush!! both fish were hatchery too which was a bonus. we brought our scales to weight our fish too as we always do. my fish was 14lbs and the buddy's was 17lbs!.  I will never forget that day.

who's next? ;)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 11:33:39 PM by rhino »

rhino

• Old Timer
Re: Your most memerable fishing trip
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 09:03:25 PM »

just wanted to bump this.didnt get any responses yet. :( also you do not need to disclose any locations or hot spots, just wanted to get some cool stories and pics if possible. I think we all can enjoy them and learn from them. thats what fishing is all about. Great memories and to keep you young at heart!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 09:13:38 PM »

My mother grew up in Quesnel as a kid in one house. It was on a beautiful lake. Her parents stayed there until my grandfather passed away from liver cancer. Every summer and winter we would visit my grandparents and we would fish this lake. I had some amazing memories of that lake. Not only the fishing but also playing hockey on it during the winter.

In 2007 my mother passed away at the age of 56 years old from colon cancer. ( Dont need to get into the details as its still hard to talk about ) anyways my brother and I made our way up to Quesnel shortly after her passing. We brought her ashes with us. We went out on the boat on the lake we fished as a kid. It sure brought back some great memories. No long after I had my line out I was into my first fish. Nice 4lb rainbow on a black micro leech. I continued to fish as well as my brother and we were into fish after fish after fish. My biggest was about 5-6lbs. It was one of those days where all the stars were aligned and my mother looking down on us. I am sure she put some or all of those fish onto our flies. My mother was now home to rest and we got to relive some of our childhood. Thats my most memorable fishing moment. I hope to take my kids up there one day when they are all old enough to understand....

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

jeff

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 09:23:15 PM »

Rhino I remember when you posted those pics and those fish still look as good now as they did when I first saw them.
Enjoying the water..........

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 10:19:06 PM »

Just wanted to start a post about our best fishing trips. given the 2000 plus anglers we on FWR Im sure we have some amazing ones.Whats your most memorable fishing trip? and if you can please post a picture of it! :)

My favorite adventure was at the stamp river last year with one my best friends. we both have been fishing salmon for 6 years now and 4 years for steelhead. But we have never been lucky with steelhead after 4 years of searching. We decided to go to port alberni Saturday night in early December and fish the stamp sunday. we had a couple wobbly pops before going to bed ready for an exciting day ahead.Sunday morning couldn't come fast enough but it did, and we were off trying to catch our first ever steelhead. Both of us being crazy addicted fisherman and dedicated to the sport were excited but given that we had never actually caught one before we were not sure what to expect other then some good company and lots of laughs. My buddy hooks his first ever steelhead after only 6 or 7 cast!! :o :o :o I couldnt believe my eyes! Right after i help him land it I get the first cast out and BAM! i got my first ever steelhead! :o :o :o what a frickin rush!! both fish were hatchery too which was a bonus. we brought our scales to weight our fish too as we always do. my fish was 14lbs and the buddy's was 17lbs!.  I will never forget that day.

who's next? ;)

your scale is off.

Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 10:36:16 PM »

Ironically my best fishing outing with memories also like bb2000 has been in the "Quesnel area." (Loon Lake Cache Cr. area a close 2nd) .............................. In 1977 I worked for a summer ...think it was called 4 mile flats..where there was lots of lumber mills etc... BUT since I'm a christian ..went to a church there then the pastor asked if I wanted to go fishing ??? Well about an hour drive west...we were at a lake where we caught a trout every 2 mins. ------------- Then another lake not far from Quesnel...had a trout on so big it broke my rod......... Really beautiful country in those parts...& the nicest people (& some of the wildest) ya can ever meet. :)

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 11:04:51 PM »

your scale is off.

you think they are lighter or heavier? I'm pretty certain that's what it read. mine is electronic too. maybe so, but dam good memory still. :)

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 11:06:18 PM »

My mother grew up in Quesnel as a kid in one house. It was on a beautiful lake. Her parents stayed there until my grandfather passed away from liver cancer. Every summer and winter we would visit my grandparents and we would fish this lake. I had some amazing memories of that lake. Not only the fishing but also playing hockey on it during the winter.

In 2007 my mother passed away at the age of 56 years old from colon cancer. ( Dont need to get into the details as its still hard to talk about ) anyways my brother and I made our way up to Quesnel shortly after her passing. We brought her ashes with us. We went out on the boat on the lake we fished as a kid. It sure brought back some great memories. No long after I had my line out I was into my first fish. Nice 4lb rainbow on a black micro leech. I continued to fish as well as my brother and we were into fish after fish after fish. My biggest was about 5-6lbs. It was one of those days where all the stars were aligned and my mother looking down on us. I am sure she put some or all of those fish onto our flies. My mother was now home to rest and we got to relive some of our childhood. Thats my most memorable fishing moment. I hope to take my kids up there one day when they are all old enough to understand....

Thanks for sharing that bbronswyk.

Todd Oishi

• Maple Ridge, BC
    • Innovative Fly Fisher
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 11:41:07 PM »

Not sure how to post the text and photos directly on this website, but here is a link to a report that I wrote on my adventure to Scotland this past June: http://www.commonwealthflyfishingscotland.com/Islay%20Scotland%20Report%20by%20Todd%20Oishi%20updated.pdf
>>>http://innovativeflyfisher.com/forum<<<

For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in pounds and inches, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

koko

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 11:30:59 AM »

Not sure how to post the text and photos directly on this website, but here is a link to a report that I wrote on my adventure to Scotland this past June: http://www.commonwealthflyfishingscotland.com/Islay%20Scotland%20Report%20by%20Todd%20Oishi%20updated.pdf

Beatiful place, I think we are so lucky to have bigger stock trout in lower mainland than that. They do have more selection of single malt.

funfisher

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 08:52:58 PM »

Could that lake be Dragon lake by chance? They have some monsters in there.

[/quote]
Ironically my best fishing outing with memories also like bb2000 has been in the "Quesnel area." (Loon Lake Cache Cr. area a close 2nd) .............................. In 1977 I worked for a summer ...think it was called 4 mile flats..where there was lots of lumber mills etc... BUT since I'm a christian ..went to a church there then the pastor asked if I wanted to go fishing ??? Well about an hour drive west...we were at a lake where we caught a trout every 2 mins. ------------- Then another lake not far from Quesnel...had a trout on so big it broke my rod......... Really beautiful country in those parts...& the nicest people (& some of the wildest) ya can ever meet. :)