Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: AGRIMARINE HOLDINGS INC TSX symbol FSH  (Read 2035 times)

rhino

• Old Timer
AGRIMARINE HOLDINGS INC TSX symbol FSH
« on: September 10, 2009, 12:33:45 PM »

Since you are all active fisherman, what you think about the prospect of investing in the best fish farm technologies from right here in Vancouver?

This is a closed containment fish farm technology.

Fish farms are either going to get bigger and bigger and spread around the world or they’re going to be stopped in their tracks (which I think would have happened by now)

Anyhow, check the report on this company – they have technology that is far superior than the norm, for example:

• Maximizes fish health.
• Prevents fish escapes that lead to the contamination of wild species.
• Implements waste removal processes that eliminate undesirable pollution to local marine
eco-cultures.
• Significant saving on energy use due to the floating tank system (hydroelectric power)
compared with a similar-sized land-based project.
• AgriMarine’s marine-based, floating tank fish farm system eliminates the need for
ammonia removal technologies, as water is not re-circulated in the rearing system

Could be a huge thing in the future if fish farms continue. Let me know what you think and then I’m going to decide whether or not to invest. This type of technology could replace the open net technology and get rid of our sea lice problem if enough people invested!

I could not copy and paste the company report for you guys as it is too long but if you go to the website (www.agrimarine.com) you can see an investor presentation page with power point. If you want the actual report I use to decide whether to invest or not and look at company numbers I can email it to you. Just let me know.

I am not a rep for this company. I am a regular investor in the market. I am looking to buy in to this company as I feel the are doing the right things to protect the resource and potentially sustain a profitable business at the same time with the right support. Our government should be supporting canadian companies like these to promote and protect our economy and resources. The company is traded on the TSX symbol is FSH current price per share is 0.21 cents. In my opinion this is a steal of a price. You can look it up in google finance. This has huge growth potential.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers,

Ali. :)

Lawsch

• Do or do not, there is no try..
Re: AGRIMARINE HOLDINGS INC TSX symbol FSH
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 03:12:17 PM »

Interesting idea, but how do they prevent the sea lice from getting through the filters, i thought they were microscopic when first hatched?

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 04:04:10 PM »

Interesting idea, but how do they prevent the sea lice from getting through the filters, i thought they were microscopic when first hatched?

Waste: Fecal material and any waste feed will be removed from the tanks through a waste separator, screening and filtration process. Outflow water from the tanks will pass through a macro-screen to collect large waste. The water will then pass through a multi-level filtering system and creates slurry. This slurry will pass through a Salsnes™ filtration system to dewater and compact it into a solid concentrate that has potential for beneficial sale as a plant nutrient. The effluent waters may be disinfected, if necessary, utilizing ultraviolet light and returned to the sea.

Pumps: The ability to control the depth of the source seawater and flow is essential to success and husbandry of the system. One particular aspect of this feature combined with the solid wall system is that this allows the Agrimarine system to draw water from below the level of harmful algae blooms which have had such disastrous effect on many traditional open net cage farms. The pumps have been used successfully in many marine operations and have low risks of failure. Redundancy has been designed into the system, however, to avoid physical failures.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 10:17:27 PM by rhino »

DBM

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 09:21:13 AM »

What are their plans for competing with 3rd world countries where "low-tech" husbandry and cheap labour will continue even if we were to ban open cage farming here and in Europe?