Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, August 23rd 2009: Vedder Canal  (Read 3099 times)

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
Re: Chilliwack River, August 23rd 2009: Vedder Canal
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 09:42:59 PM »

I like the stinky white springs, around 15lbs or so...perfect.
Fish on!

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 10:31:00 PM »

Glx i think you are exaggerating a little, the ho's don't show until October! Someone told me the same thing years ago i went up their and nothing but a few booty springs. I heard the Bulkley and Telkwa are having a bumper crop of steelies, it just carpeted with them! Might take a drive up their and try that in early September.
Methinks you should heed the words of glx and this "someone".  I've had multiple coho days as early as Sept 10...

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 10:43:22 AM »

all depends on the fish. and when they decide
Fish killer 101

river walker

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 11:21:44 AM »

August 15th 2000 six coho . there a couple kicking round now but first light is your only shot. Water way to low
"Second best head..... STEELHEAD"

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 09:10:34 PM »

Now would that be served up with cheese n crackers and glass of wine finished off with a cigar?

Oh ya, that sounds real good!  BP.
Fish on!

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009, 03:34:39 PM »

Glx i think you are exaggerating a little, the ho's don't show until October! Someone told me the same thing years ago i went up their and nothing but a few booty springs. I heard the Bulkley and Telkwa are having a bumper crop of steelies, it just carpeted with them! Might take a drive up their and try that in early September.

Maybe you should listen to some of what the experienced anglers say and put in a little more time instead of assuming a lie right away....
I've seen coho around beginning of August and I know that some have been caught already.
Earliest I've caught pinks was August 2nd, hooked 4 landed 2.
We've gotten big whites and tonnes of jacks consistantly the 2nd week of August till the 1st week of September the last 2-3 years that I've been fishing.
Lots of fish move at night so it doesn't matter how low the water is, good luck in getting them to bite after 8 am though.
From what I've seen in my last 5 years of pretty much living on the Vedder it's the lowest it's ever been and the hydro graph shows the same.