Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jack Pine Lake, August 28th 2009  (Read 760 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Jack Pine Lake, August 28th 2009
« on: August 30, 2009, 10:36:13 PM »

Was in Kelowna and brought the pontoon boat along for some local lake fishing. Had fished Jackpine and Gellately lakes about 25 years ago so thought it would be good to re vistit them. Temperature was 35 the day before but the lakes being higher up should provide some decent fishing. Took the road up (Glenrosa) at about 7am that I had taken years ago and couldn't recognize a bit of it :-\ Was like a few other trips where you wonder if you had ever been there before. Only because the years between trips adds so much foiledge to the access. I drove to both Lakes before and now I had to get out and Hike to Gellately because of the road conditions. I had the pontoon on top and the bush and fallen timber were making trouble.

Fished Jackpine and caught a few smaller fish on the dry fly casting off the pontoon. Lots of Dragonfly's. In fact so many Dragonfly's it made the fishing for me all that much more uncomfortable. Which is why I fish lot's of times is to relax. Having a few dozen  Dragonflies brushing against the sides of your shorts and your thigh, isn't that relaxing to me. A canoe or kayak would only leave the pests buzzing your face. Electric motor only lake. So after too many close encounters of the crotch kind I called it a day. Never getting the elusive 4.5 lb'r as the old fishing guides eluded to.

Next time bring the bike and trying for Banana lake too. Next time the temperature will be cooler. Next time I'll bring a decent badminton racket too. ;D
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?