Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser River - Spring - Near Hope - Lost rod and reel  (Read 2083 times)

SpringMaster

• Fish is on...life is good!
Fraser River - Spring - Near Hope - Lost rod and reel
« on: August 07, 2009, 11:51:48 AM »

I fished the Fraser River near hope (below that red pipe that crosses the river).  There were about 15 people on the shore.  Many hits by Sockeyes and good number of springs were landed.  I landed my first Spring of the year (a 15 pounder) nice fish :)
I was so excited when I went back to my car and packed the fish in my cooler and drove away that I forgot my fishing rod on the side of the road, which I only realized after I got back to Coquitlam last night :(  I had parked on the east bound of HW7.
It was a Fenwick rod (10' 11") with a Shimano Corvalus reel (silver colour).  I had put a pink hair band and a black elastic band around the rod and it still had my tackle on, the bottom bouncing tackle (with red beads) and a singel hook with red wool :( :( :(
If anyone found it, please let me know and I will reward you decently.
Please email me at: jav_az@yahoo.com if you found it or you saw some one retrieved it from the side of the road.

I hope I can find my rod and reel; they were my best set.

Thx.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 02:09:33 PM by Rodney »
<º))))><`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

<º))))><      Always        sharpen        your          hooks! <º))))><·.¸¯ ¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸<º))))><.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Fraser River - Spring - Near Hope - Lost rod and reel
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 08:13:22 PM »

Sorry to hear of your lose. Many of us have done the same thing. As I mentioned a number of months ago when I come to my vehicle I now the rod in the cab or across the windshield so I see it before I drive off.

If ou go up that way it might be an idea to put up a sign with your contact number on it as I imagine who picked it up would be a regular to this area. Maybe call the local tackle shops as sometimes people will drop it off there is  lots of  honest anglers out there unless they are telling you the size or weight of their catch.   ;D  ;D

SpringMaster

• Fish is on...life is good!
Re: Fraser River - Spring - Near Hope - Lost rod and reel
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 01:14:16 PM »

Thanks for the tips Chris.
I felt really stupid and really bad after I found out that I left my tackle  by the side of the road, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be the last time I ever do such a thing with my tackle.  Lesson learnt :)
I'll go there again with a sign to post on couple of spots just in case.  I'm not sure where the local tackle shops are in Hope area.  I live in Coquitlam and not so familiar with Hope other than the two main high ways there and the gas stations.

Oh by the way, I went to this little Korean tackle shop in Coquitlam (near Hannam Market) to look a what he's got and he had pretty good deals on leader savers.  I got fance ones for only 69Cents (compared to $1.69 in some major tackle stores!!!!); he laso had good deals on rods.  I recommend anyone to drop in and check his inventory.  The store is kind of hidden, it's to the right of the Hannam market in a sort of hall way that has few stores, the first one is sports shop and the next one is this fishing tackle shop.

Happy fishing everyone!
(and don't get toooo excited after catching your first Spring salmon :)
<º))))><`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

<º))))><      Always        sharpen        your          hooks! <º))))><·.¸¯ ¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸<º))))><.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.