Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Has anybody stayed at the Tunkwa lake resort  (Read 5208 times)

mikeH

Has anybody stayed at the Tunkwa lake resort
« on: August 28, 2009, 05:04:28 PM »

Has anybody stayed at the resort was wondering cause might stay a night or several there this coming season.Any feed back would be great!!

searun17

• Old Timer
Re: Has anybody stayed at the Tunkwa lake resort
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 01:49:13 PM »

i have stayed at the resort and i have nothing but good things to say about it,the people are very good and knowledgable about the fishing and hunting,the cabins are well priced and comfortable and if you are planning on hunting up their there is good hunting all around that area,last year in the first two weeks of October their customers harvested 32 mule deer ,as well they have an area to hang your game,if you want to do some fishing the cabins are right on the lake and they also do have boat rentals,it is very clean with a hot shower house ,if you are planning to go i would book soon because they do get busy during hunting season.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Rp3Flyfisher

• Rp3 FlyFishing
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 01:56:11 PM »

GREAT place to stay.

Make sure to have a set of bedding with you and if I were you take a small foam for the bed as they are not the best.

The people are great, the Cabins are rustic with no running water but they do have power.

Make sure to talk to Richard when you are there, he will give you all the info you need on the fishing on Tunkwa as well as close by lakes.

Rick
Tight Lines & Fun Times

Rick Passek
http://www.theflyfishfanatic.com

Author of:
The Freshman FlyFisher "A Beginners Guide for a new Generation"
&
The Freshman FlyFishers Insect Guide

Pro Staff:
Leader Sales (RIO, Sage, Redington, Dr Slick, Renzetti, Islander, Lamson, C&F Design, Moby Nets, Bradly Smokers)
Howard Hackle

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/cos/images/rapp_logo.gif

johnk

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 06:01:22 AM »

Muleys and moose. Send me a message and I can probably clue you into some hideouts. At one time I lived in the area! ;)