Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Going to bridge lake for first time  (Read 1990 times)

janders

Going to bridge lake for first time
« on: July 27, 2009, 10:31:32 AM »

So im headed to Bridge lake for the weekend and i haven't fished this lake before. Im bring my Fly and gear equipment for me and the girlfriend and i was wondering if anyone has any advice on  succesful patterns and tackle and parts of the lake that i might want to focus on first.

Cheers
Janders

fishnjim

Re: Going to bridge lake for first time
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 08:36:44 PM »

try late late in evening..dark..with the flys...if not use hardware..dda just got back from there today..and was slow for him on fly...but his buddies cot and realased a few lakerts

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 11:59:16 PM »

The Roe Lake Rodeo is this weekend also so you might want to check it out.
Just a short drive from the lake.
Havent fished Bridge but have driven around it many times while sipping my morning coffee and counting Deer when we stay up at Sheridan Lake.
Is a fishy looking lake with many small islands etc.
Buddy does well there for Kokanee but he uses hardware and worms. :o :D

randya

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 06:17:32 AM »

Stop by the Fish On pub at interlakes and talk to the owner (if the pub is not sold) always for sale. He fishes it and can give you some tips. He owns a big shack on the lake. I fished it once in my float tube in the summer and caught a big Laker in shallow water on a full sink with a fly.
Lakers are catch and release only still, I believe. Its the go to lake for ice fishing for kokanee in the winter. May be too hot up there but there are some nice shoals for early A.M and late P.M.

janders

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 07:06:36 AM »

Thanks for the tips  :D I had a feeling gear and worms might be the better bet so i stocked up on Berkley worms and wedding bands and hopefully hook some from the canoe. Then take the tube out in the evening for some fly fishing for me  ;D ;D

BladeKid

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 07:42:02 PM »

The lake has almost every species in it. Get deep enough and the lakers will take any streamer thrown at them, ideally get down 20 feet for them. The bows can be a bit picky, we get them on tom thumbs in the evening. Early fishing is key this time of year.

good luck!
michael

Harps

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 03:57:44 PM »

Only fished there once but had success trolling a green hockey stick (Apex) working the drop offs.  I tied a large spoon in the line (without a hook obviously) as a flasher about 4 feet up from the lure.  Depending on how deep the water was, I added a bit of weight before the flasher too.  Try varying your speeds to entice a strike.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 03:59:54 PM by Harps »