Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: To Bounce or Barfish...looking for advice not rhetoric!  (Read 12204 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: To Bounce or Barfish...looking for advice not rhetoric!
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2009, 07:41:30 PM »

It got the shampoo?

Is that because there was no soap? ;D
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2009, 10:56:32 PM »

Kingpin judging by the posts of yours that I have read you seem like a young, but also that you have lots to learn. Its good to heat that you fish with your dad as I wish my dad was a fisherman and we could have spent more time together before he passed away. Not really sure why I even have to defend myself with what I posted about my bar fishing success, if you don't believe why call BS? Maybe pick up a rod get out there and try, I've got my special spot and what works.

young yes, but i have fairly good knowledge in a broad range of methods...and as i said im not going to call you a liar, but you say you now have 20 fish hooked in a couple of weeks....all barfishing in the freshet.....
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

Davis

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2009, 08:13:05 AM »

Guys there is no way to verify the catch,even pics posted could be from previous yrs,if your as good as you say you are,i hope you are practicing catch and release.You are only allowed 10 springs per season! I don't believe it myself, but this is the internet ,anybody can say anything.So be it.As far as cacthing socks on a bar rig, i suppose the odd time it does happen.I prefer to catch my limit quickly bb when open and get off the water out of the zoo and home to relax.

bluesteele

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2009, 09:33:51 AM »

Guys there is no way to verify the catch,even pics posted could be from previous yrs,if your as good as you say you are,i hope you are practicing catch and release.You are only allowed 10 springs per season! I don't believe it myself, but this is the internet ,anybody can say anything.So be it.As far as cacthing socks on a bar rig, i suppose the odd time it does happen.I prefer to catch my limit quickly bb when open and get off the water out of the zoo and home to relax.

Geez guess I am different. I fish to get away from the Zoo and to relax.  ;D
 But then I don't BB the Fraser.

My advice is go fishing to have fun and relax. If it's B Bing or BAR FING   that trips your trigger then do it.
As long as it is legal. Ethics are a different matter. Not going to get into it here.

20 springs BB during freshet...well I would think you would need to know a hot little spot that the springs travel through
and pound the crap out of it. Possible  ::)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2009, 10:34:21 AM »

If you want to catch a sockeye during the upcoming opening and retain it, get your bouncing betties ready,you ain't ever going to catch one on a bar rig setup.Can't wait to put some fresh socks in the boat,great fresh,smoked or canned!
It is seldom you take a sockeye on a bar rod but over many years we have taken a few. A couple of years ago Lucky came out on the Leaf Craft and hooked one, then the same year another forum member landed one on a FWR and Fish BC fish out. I guess I have seen 12 or 15 landed on the bar gear in 30 years.

I wish we could hook more that way, when they are open for retention.

I am going to write FOC and see if they plan to open the Harrison for sockeye like they did for 2 years some time ago.

It is great sport short floating them in the clear water using small bugs or krill as well it gives some of us a chance to fish for them too.

Shot some great video of a trip The Master and I made during one of the years they were open for retention.

BNF861

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2009, 06:26:28 PM »

Good to hear a couple are begining to get caught on the bar setups. My wifes grandpa got one in the upper 20's yesterday barfishing, his first this year. I was hoping to get out myself tomorrow but its now looking like next weekend.

Trophy Fisher

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2009, 07:13:14 PM »

If you want to catch a sockeye during the upcoming opening and retain it, get your bouncing betties ready,you ain't ever going to catch one on a bar rig setup.

Last year at mountain bar with in 5 minutes of putting my spin n' glow in the water I had a sockeye on, so the odd time they will bite in fresh water.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2009, 08:52:23 PM »

I've gotten ALOT of sockeye on roe and a pink/orange colour of wool on the Vedder.
I believe I hooked around 22 last year in around as many days.
They moslty like to bite in crystal clear water but I suppose dirty water isn't impossible.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2009, 08:59:37 PM »

I've gotten ALOT of sockeye on roe and a pink/orange colour of wool on the Vedder.
I believe I hooked around 22 last year in around as many days.
They moslty like to bite in crystal clear water but I suppose dirty water isn't impossible.

Yeah right buddy, you couldnt get none of them to bite. We did find quite a few sockeye heads along the beach.... :P
The Bigger The Better!

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2009, 09:09:30 PM »

Chrome Bar Ill pay the gas, and ill bring the beer. Take me out with yeah... ;)
The Bigger The Better!

Davis

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2009, 07:29:10 AM »

If i were you and found a honey hole to myself,i wouldn't even talk about it,unless you want everyone to find out. Loose lips sink big ships.

odesseus

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2009, 09:07:56 AM »

That fish is a thing of absolute beauty. ;D

Birdsnest

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2009, 11:27:41 AM »

There IS a way to confirm a catch.  Take the picture with today's newspaper next to the fish... 

Then write a ransom note...demanding a million dollars or you'll filet the sucker..

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2009, 09:16:40 PM »

that pic does not look like it was taken this year.... ;D just kidding buddy congrats on the success.

rides bike to work

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2009, 10:21:26 PM »

any advice on how to locate the travel lanes?