Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Illegally fishing with two rods from shore  (Read 30897 times)

HOOK

• Old Timer
Illegally fishing with two rods from shore
« on: April 29, 2009, 01:31:37 PM »

if you see shore fisherman using 2 rods then call the RAPP line !!! or give them sh** about it. that is illegal and only allowed if you are ALONE in a boat on a LAKE !! i am getting sick of people that think they dont need to follow the rules just because its an urban lake filled with stocked catchables. im glad to see the CO's more and more at these local places. i have seen them twice at Green Timbers in the last month  ;D ;D and they handed out fines both times, they have been there more from what he told me last night. most of the time they hand out tickets for no license  >:( >:(
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 01:46:35 PM »

The best excuse I've heard for using 2 rods from shore is that it makes them equal to the single guys in the boats that can use 2 rods. :D

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 02:39:15 PM »

I hope they come to Sasamat .I have phoned the rapp line and it's the same group of people using 2 rods per person, I have taked to them and has done no good . They use 1 rod with a float and the other using a spinner .

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 03:02:05 PM »

Yes, fishing two rods from shore is illegal, but I honestly don't understand why a guy fishing alone in a boat can fish two rods, but a guy fishing from shore can't. ???

It is one of those rules that just doesn't make sense.

To me, it is discrimination of the poor - pure and simple. If you can afford a boat, you can fish two rods. If you can't afford a boat, you only fish one rod.

Very unfair, if you ask me. >:(

Disclaimer: I do own a boat and always fish out of it on lakes.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 03:11:59 PM »

You could buy a cheap 2 person inflatible for $20, sit in it tied to the floating walkway and you know what with two rods. I think it's more than fair that one person in a boat can fish with two rods.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 03:30:28 PM »

You could buy a cheap 2 person inflatible for $20, sit in it tied to the floating walkway and you know what with two rods. I think it's more than fair that one person in a boat can fish with two rods.

Very well. I accept that you think it is fair. Now please explain why.
Give me a rational explanation for the existence of such rule.

How does it benefit the resource? Or the angling sport?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 03:35:05 PM »

Personally I'd love to use two rods from shore if permitted. :) Being able to bait fish with one while spincast with another makes the outing more interesting. ;) Carp fishing would also be a lot more fun as the waiting time is typically longer.

But, rules are rules, so phone the violations in whenever you see them. Only some will be attended as COs can't be everywhere, but people should always phone, because the alternative doesn't make the situation better.

Perhaps I will bring this up to those who are in charge when we meet next time. ;)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 03:38:10 PM »

The economy. People spending money on more rods, boats, tackle etc. Otherwise really you could just use a stick some line/hook and a worm. Gets people more interested in fishing as opposed to just keeping fish. Finally it's multi-tasking and good hand eye coordination for the participant. Need I go on. :)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 04:30:19 PM »

The economy. People spending money on more rods, boats, tackle etc. Otherwise really you could just use a stick some line/hook and a worm. Gets people more interested in fishing as opposed to just keeping fish. Finally it's multi-tasking and good hand eye coordination for the participant. Need I go on. :)
Sorry, but that is not exactly a rational explanation.

First, if you allow people to fish two rods from shore, many more people will buy more rods and tackle, which will be good for the economy and for the promotion of our sport. 

Second, do you really think we need more boats on our waters? It is being polluted enough the way it is. Encouraging people to buy more boats so they can fish two rods is like encouraging people to buy more cars to stimulate the economy.  ::)

Third, how on earth people get more interested in fishing from a boat than from shore? It is much easier to get people interested in fishing by doing it from shore than from boats. I don't know of any "Fish for the future" kind of event that takes place from boats.

Finally, if you allow shore anglers two rods, they will also be multi-tasking and practicing good hand-eye coordination.

Sorry, troutbreath, but your arguments are very weak. You sound to me like one of those people who feels like a superior angler only because you own a little piece of craft. Well, I have news for you: it doesn't impress me.

Rather than enforcing one rod only for shore guys and wasting valuable enforcement resources on such a minor violation that almost exclusively takes place in put and take lakes or coarse fish fisheries, we should, as an angler group, promote more equality among our own.

If I see an old man of likely low financial resources fishing two rods on a lake like Sasamat, I'll probably just let him know he is breaking a rule and warn him that he might get fined if caught. But I sure as hell won't phone him in. Getting all riled up about shore fishers fishing two rods in a put and take fishery does little good to the fishery.

Rodney said: "Perhaps I will bring this up to those who are in charge when we meet next time."

And so you should, Rod. It isn't fair to allow a guy with a boat the benefit of experimentation with two methods or types of tackle while preventing shore guys from enjoying the same privilege. It is discriminatory.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 05:00:57 PM »

Take it to the courts.
Violation of Human Rights (every one be treated equal no matter what race, livlihood, etc)  ;D
I would love the 2 rods from shore.
One bait fishing and the other fly casting.

Maybe one drift fishing and one bar rig too  ;)  ;D

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 05:08:28 PM »

or they could just make it 1 rod from a boat which would be alot easier i think. I personally only fish 2 rods out of my pontoon until i find the fly thats working then i put one rod away. and i normally only do this on interior lakes and when chironomid fishing its faster to find the right fly & depth this way  ;)
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 06:26:35 PM »

or they could just make it 1 rod from a boat which would be alot easier i think. I personally only fish 2 rods out of my pontoon until i find the fly thats working then i put one rod away. and i normally only do this on interior lakes and when chironomid fishing its faster to find the right fly & depth this way  ;)

The best thing to do with chironomid fishing is fishing two chironomids. Or one leech under an indicator and one chronie under an indicator OR one on an indicator and fishing a slime line casting. Fishing two rods should be for everyone. Think about it. You have this one small hook on a big lake. It takes some patience. If your on a dock your at a disadvantage because you cant cover water and locate fish. You have to wait for the fish to come to you.

2 rods for everyone I say. This coming from a guy with a few boats.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 06:31:13 PM »

I would agree in the name of equality, although I am quite happy being able to fish two rods from my boat.

I don't think two rods from shore should be allowed on streams with resident or migrating fish, though. That's an entirely different ball game. But on put and take lakes? Why not?

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 06:34:45 PM »

I agree, Bobo.
One rod for anglers who are already severely limited in their ability to cover water is very unfair.
This two rods for one angler in a boat by himself rule reeks of elitism.

Everybody one rod or everybody two rods!!!EQUALITY NOW!!!

bcguy

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 11:48:53 AM »

2 RODS!!!!!...OH sure, but what we should really be able do is just toss the net out and drag the bottom, that way you won't miss anything hahahaha, where do you draw the line? It seems to be okay if you are a commercial fisherman or dare I say it...first nation...
Are we sports fisherman just out to get meat, has the challenge lost it's luster? Come on, that's why its called fishing, not catching.
If you want a fish that bad, go to Safeway, its probably cheaper too...
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB