Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Deer Lake (Burnaby), April 25th 2009  (Read 990 times)

lucky

• Old Timer
Deer Lake (Burnaby), April 25th 2009
« on: April 25, 2009, 04:43:12 PM »

Decided to head over to my local pond today and try my luck, got there around noon and put the pontoon in the water. There were a couple guys fishing from shore but nobody out on the lake.

Right away I notice some swallows working the water so I tied on a rootbeer chironomid and tossed it out. After a few hits I landed the first fish of the day, not huge but he was pretty chunky.

As I was playing the fish I caught the interest of a couple ducks who came to check it out.

I continued to work the same area and caught a couple more fish before loosing my only chironomid to a vicious take.

Next I put on a black leech and trolled around for a bit, catching a couple more fish before I decided to call it quits.

While kicking around today I saw three carp in the 15-20 lb range jump  :o , it sure would be nice to figure out their eating habits one day.

Fishin_Squirrel10-4

• Hmmm yes, quite. Where are the fish again?
Re: Deer Lake (Burnaby), April 25th 2009
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 01:52:38 AM »

cool, that first ones pretty chunky indeed. i'd also like to know the carps feeding habits. like I live and work right beside the lake, and fighting a 20 pound carp would be pretty exciting! put a one hell of a fight :D
Nothing to see here, Hmm yes.......
Quite........
Carry on......

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
Re: Deer Lake (Burnaby), April 25th 2009
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 12:28:32 PM »

Decent fish for Deer Lake.  Well done.