Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sasamat Lake, April 26th 2009  (Read 1725 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Sasamat Lake, April 26th 2009
« on: April 27, 2009, 08:19:18 PM »

Went there yesterday about bright and noonish.Took the pontoon out for a paddle, a bit of wind but not too bad. Caught them on trolled chron's and still fished chron's with a strike indicator. Just couldn't get them to hit a dry fly. Good hatch of light brown chronimid type bugs fishing by Camp Howdy or whatever it's called. Didn't see any risers on the way back to the parking area. Never went down to see how the Line Dancers where doing on the floating walkway. With a 1000 fish released I was hoping for a 90 fish plus day (less than 10% of the released amount). Nice day anyway only one other boat fishing on that end. Good place to dodge the crowds.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

bcguy

Re: Sasamat Lake, April 26th 2009
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 12:02:40 PM »

Ssssshhh...dont let the secret out, it is a nice quiet lake once your off the dock
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 12:53:16 PM »

I was on the furthest dock and there must have been a good 30 people on the docks and the walk way. There were a few raisers and the usual fisherman fishing with 2 rods ,thats when I wish I had pontoon boat .

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 01:33:10 PM »

The two rods from shore discussion has been moved to:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=20579.0