Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: squamish  (Read 1319 times)

dan-o

squamish
« on: April 14, 2009, 08:29:05 AM »

does anyone know if the squamish lakes (brohm, stump, edith) have thawed yet? thinking about heading up tomorrow if so. 

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: squamish
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 11:31:01 AM »

The hatchery attempted to stock Edith last week but they ran into heavy snow pile on the road so was unable to do so. I believe the lakes are thawed, otherwise it wouldn't have been on the stocking plan. The only lake that has been stocked up there so far is Browning Lake, with quite a few fish actually so it is worth trying it out.

bkk

• Good fishing is earned by hard work.
Re: squamish
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 05:49:29 PM »

Was up there yesterday on my mtn. bike and the road to Edith still has snow and over hanging trees on it. It was about a 10 minute hike a bike to go thru the snow and Edith lake was still half frozen. Heard from a reliable source that one of the fellows from Fraser Valley Trout Hatchery was seriously hurt last week on that road when a overhanging tree came thru the window of the truck and pinned him to the seat. Search and Rescue did a fine job and stabilized him and he was then taken to Squamish General and transfered to one of the city hospitals. You just never know when it can go sideways on you do you!