Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lafarge Lake user conflict  (Read 20756 times)

marmot

• Old Timer
Re: Lafarge Lake user conflict
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 03:05:00 PM »

You can't do anything within the law about it, unfortunately.  In order to reason with somebody they typically have to be considered "reasonable" people, right? Sounds like this guy was just an idiot with a chip on his shoulder.  Too bad.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2009, 04:01:38 PM »

Today I dropped by the lake for a walk. I could not believe the sight - a flyfisherman standing about 8 ft from the concrete walkway on the beach side was doing his BLIND backcasts. I mean he literally did not even look back and his fly line was ripping back and forth among crowded evening pedestrians. A lady jogger was not aware of the hazard until she was tooi close and then she had to duck and evade from the flying missiles, and barely missed being caught. I told the guy that he almost caught the lady with his hook. You know what he said? "Good" was the answer. I could not believe such vulgarity and inconsideration displayed. What can be done with such display of arrogance and negligence? It sure spoiled my evening there and I am not sure if some one may eventually get seriously injured by this reckless behaviour.  :( 

It's guys with his attitude that ruin it for everybody.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2009, 04:47:43 PM »

You can't do anything within the law about it, unfortunately.  In order to reason with somebody they typically have to be considered "reasonable" people, right? Sounds like this guy was just an idiot with a chip on his shoulder.  Too bad.

Marmot is right. His answer is so blunt that I just know it is a waste of time, or that I will have to risk a rough confrontation with him. It would have been easier if he would say 'Oh, I will be careful'. You are right Hook & FA, these kind of guys with such indifferent attitude will ruin the whole thing for all one of these days. Just hope no one will be seriously injured by him. But judging from the busy walkway and how he casted, it is only a ticking time bomb. Sigh!  >:(

Fishin_Squirrel10-4

• Hmmm yes, quite. Where are the fish again?
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2009, 01:01:38 AM »

The only down side was a couple of guys with huge rods casting lead half way across the lake >:(

:D you see that at green timbers too, huge led with some powerbait. oh yay..
it's like missles from North Korea
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 03:15:47 PM by Rodney »
Nothing to see here, Hmm yes.......
Quite........
Carry on......

Fishin_Squirrel10-4

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2009, 11:34:52 AM »

Nothing wrong with it. Just funny to watch, people using 3oz led and making a giant mushroom cloud on the water and scaring them off. What really grinds my gear is just a handful of bad casters, you'll have your fly line out and they cast into your line and scream their head off at you.  :(
Quite........
Carry on......

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2009, 08:32:26 PM »

ya especially when they cast OVER you & your boat/tube/pontoon  >:( what also bugs me is when the guy on this shore has to cast all the way across to the other shore to catch fish because thats where they are biting at the time  ::) why not just WALK over to the other side to fish. the reason we go out in boats is to avoid the shore crowding so it ruins everyones day when your lines are getting crossed and sometimes even yourself.
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Britguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2009, 09:06:14 PM »

Whats wrong with casting half way across the lake??

To reach the middle of the lake you need a pretty heavy lead and the speed of a heavy lead sent out into the middle of the lake would be travelling at a high enough speed to do some serious damage to anyone in its path
Now if the leader snapped the lead would have less resistance and so be travelling at a higher rate of speed
This is what happened the other day
I was in the middle of the lake i heard a snap and not too long after heard this sound of a high velocity lead hit the water close to me
Had that hit me on the head\in the face i would not be here typing this post :-\

what also bugs me is when the guy on this shore has to cast all the way across to the other shore to catch fish because thats where they are biting at the time
Too true >:(
every time a few fish rose near me i was bombarded from a few different angles of the shore by long casters
all they accomplished was to move the fish on to another spot and they were resticting other shore fishermen from casting
Most of the shore fishermen are very apologetic if they cross a line or cast to close to a tuber
The lake is for all to fish, just some consideration for others saftey would be nice

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2009, 09:33:45 PM »

They should have some kind of a cannon to shot the rig out there more accurately. ::)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Fishin_Squirrel10-4

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2009, 09:36:28 PM »

I agree, some people just don't care where they fire their led bombs. But I also think it's from not being educated on how serious the damage could be from getting hit by a honk of led.
I know that from experience. Hit a friend with a small pencil led, didn't think it was so serious but it turns out I've made him bleed from his forehead.  :-[
He wanted to kill me at that point.

They should have some kind of a cannon to shot the rig out there more accurately. ::)
Think  that just might  be more dangerous, especially with the dumb handful out there  :-\
Quite........
Carry on......

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2009, 09:37:43 PM »

Grass is greener on the other side don't you know ? ;D

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2009, 09:42:50 PM »

Grass is greener on the other side don't you know ? ;D

Tonight I took the Pug to the other side of the park....and the grass was definitely greener.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2009, 10:27:01 PM »

Guess we need another thread called 'Conflicts of Lafarge fishermen'.  ;D

Yes, I think the 3 oz is an over kill. The other day, we were catching them close to shore. The 'bombers' saw the hot action and came rushing to our area. Funny they bombed far out as usual among us but the fish were caught within 30 ft from shore. As expected, they couldn't catch anything and left in a hurry. Funny, they should learn to adapt to what is working, but they seem to have only one formula - bombs away!  ;D

Looks like tubers in Lafarge need to spend on a helmet (perhaps even a goggle)  to save them from these aerial attacks.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 10:29:59 PM by Steelhawk »

Fishin_Squirrel10-4

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2009, 04:21:13 AM »

maybe wearing a helmet would make it worse because now they don't need to worry :(
Aim for the helmet man!
Fire 1, fire 2, fire 3, fire the rest of em!!
Quite........
Carry on......

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2009, 06:57:38 AM »

I have to agree on some points.But some of those boat guys if they see you catching fish they come so close that you cant cast!and then they complain your casting over there lines lol.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2009, 02:58:36 PM »

I have to agree on some points.But some of those boat guys if they see you catching fish they come so close that you cant cast!and then they complain your casting over there lines lol.

I've seen that as well. Guilty on both sides.