Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2009/2010 Non-Tidal Angling Licence  (Read 22136 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: 2009/2010 Non-Tidal Angling Licence
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 03:38:47 PM »

Sounds good. Make sure you copy and paste the reply if you get one. I forgot to mention that the points you brought up were good, thanks. Some have already been in ongoing discussions between retailers and MoE for over a year now.

Regarding the point about money saving, I do not have an answer to that as it would all be speculations on my part since I do not know the numbers. I can however say that money saving is not the main reason behind these changes. This is one of many initiatives by the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC, which hopes to make it easier for people who wish to get into fishing. In the next several months, some of the other initiatives will become more apparent on this website so please stay tuned.

HARLEY

• flyfishing
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 08:05:08 PM »

Sounds good. Make sure you copy and paste the reply if you get one. I forgot to mention that the points you brought up were good, thanks. Some have already been in ongoing discussions between retailers and MoE for over a year now.

Regarding the point about money saving, I do not have an answer to that as it would all be speculations on my part since I do not know the numbers. I can however say that money saving is not the main reason behind these changes. This is one of many initiatives by the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC, which hopes to make it easier for people who wish to get into fishing. In the next several months, some of the other initiatives will become more apparent on this website so please stay tuned.

Rodney:
The bottom line is always and has always has been the money--we all know that and any one that does not better give some thing a shake-the anglers in this province have always been riped off by some goverment office and we all know that-I would like to know where this latest cost saving is going-maybe some pension plan for some one that just retired-when they used to take excess fish out of some of the hatcheries the profit just went into general revenue. This is fact not fiction. As far as this making this new method making it easier to get into fishing--I do not believe this for one second--not everyone has a computer or a credit card and there are lots of sports shops in most areas that people fish--someone here is just grasping at straws. How about the young people between 16 and 19 that do not have a credit card and want a licence-when they go to the sports store are they still going to pay a fee because they do not have a credit card--are these not the people that we are trying to encourage to partake in the sport-this whole new system has a smell to it. Once again just my 2 cents worth-Right.

harley

HARLEY

• flyfishing
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 08:44:30 PM »

Rodney:
The bottom line is always and has always has been the money--we all know that and any one that does not better give some thing a shake-the anglers in this province have always been riped off by some goverment office and we all know that-I would like to know where this latest cost saving is going-maybe some pension plan for some one that just retired-when they used to take excess fish out of some of the hatcheries the profit just went into general revenue. This is fact not fiction. As far as this making this new method making it easier to get into fishing--I do not believe this for one second--not everyone has a computer or a credit card and there are lots of sports shops in most areas that people fish--someone here is just grasping at straws. How about the young people between 16 and 19 that do not have a credit card and want a licence-when they go to the sports store are they still going to pay a fee because they do not have a credit card--are these not the people that we are trying to encourage to partake in the sport-this whole new system has a smell to it. Once again just my 2 cents worth-Right.

harley

Rodney:
I would also like to mention the article written by Mike Mitchell from BC outdoors magazine on page 4 of the Jan/Feb 2009 issue about the new Conservation Licences for White Sturgon--Here is another case of money being collected by the MOE that no one has any idea where the money is going to or what the money is being used for. It certainly makes a person wonder why no one is willing to state or show what happens to the money.Maybe just another cash grab for the powers to be! How could this be a good thing?

harley

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 09:30:44 PM »

so wat happens to the dude who can only pay cash!!!!!!! 

That's what I said a year ago. They should set up Interac payment like they do on other sites. That way you'd have an option if you don't have a credit card.

A teen cannot get a credit card until they are 19, but they need to have a license when they are 16. Silly!

You can still use debit or cash at a shop as long as they have a computer set up to sell the license.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 09:39:16 PM »

How does one prove that he or she is who they claim to be ? Under the old system, you are required to provide your driver's licence as proof.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 09:40:11 PM »

no you're not.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 09:44:57 PM »

How does one prove that he or she is who they claim to be ? Under the old system, you are required to provide your driver's licence as proof.

The topic on photograph ID was discussed last year:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=17501.0

BigCoho

• Roe Wizard
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2009, 09:53:23 PM »

anyone have a link to register on the dfo site?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2009, 09:55:09 PM »

http://www.fishing.gov.bc.ca

The freshwater licensing is done by BC Ministry of Environment.

Nick78

• overtackled & underfished
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2009, 10:10:52 PM »

Don't complain about the way it is here folks. Back in Europe I'd have to pay 90 Euro/140Canadian just for the basic license that gives you permission to buy all the others. to get that one you first have to successfully complete a course once in a lifetime that costs you about 300 Euro/480Canadian. Until here you got nothing that allows you to fish anywhere. Every lake or stream belongs to a fishingclub or a private person. If you want to fish now you have to apply for a license at that person or club. Not everybody gets one cause there are more fishermen than available licenses. About 50 percent of all the waters belong to clubs and only members will get a license for those. To become a member most of the time you first become a "member ;)" of the waitlist what can take up to 4 or 5 years! Ok, for the case you are able to get one now, the costs will be between 15-25Euro/24-40Canadian for a 1 day license. A 1 year license can cost up to 300Euro/480Canadian or even more. Let me give you an example. I was member of a club, had licenses for 4 lakes and a reach of a small but excellent brown trout river. Membership 60Euro/95Canadian, Lakes (bundle) 330Euro/520Canadian and the river 170Euro/275Canadian what makes 560Euro/900Canadian a Year!!! And almost all of those waters are not comparable to what you (still :-[) got here...Just think about it.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2009, 11:00:21 PM »

Nick, how much does it cost to get a driver license in Germany, from first lesson to receiving the license?

Nick78

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2009, 11:34:55 PM »

visual test 8,- first aid course 18,- passport photo 8,- create the license 35,- basic fee @ the drivers school 300,-  schoolbooks 50,- driving lessons(basic) 30,- each but you need at least 23 so 690,- driving lessons(special night,highway) 40,- each you need at least 12 so 480,-  1st test (classroom) 50,-  2nd test (driving) 190,-

In case you don't fail it is about 1800 Euro/2900Canadian ;D No kidding!

Why are you asking Rod, want to move over ??? :D

Nick78

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2009, 11:39:14 PM »

@ Ghostfish
An average Guy, not married and no kids makes about 1400Euro a month ... :-\

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2009, 11:42:21 PM »

No. ;D Just curious as the cost of that is pretty similar in Denmark. Just want to show others that there are additional high costs that need to be considered before getting to fish a river over there. Then there's also gas money... ;) :-\

Also, earlier when I brought up resulted quality angling from these high costs, I was referring to quality of anglers (more space to fish, better conduct, etc), not necessarily quality of the fishing (definitely not as many fish as here and not as big most of the time).

rln

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2009, 08:34:24 AM »

Rodney:
I would also like to mention the article written by Mike Mitchell from BC outdoors magazine on page 4 of the Jan/Feb 2009 issue about the new Conservation Licences for White Sturgon--Here is another case of money being collected by the MOE that no one has any idea where the money is going to or what the money is being used for. It certainly makes a person wonder why no one is willing to state or show what happens to the money.Maybe just another cash grab for the powers to be! How could this be a good thing?

harley

The money is to be used to collect the data from all the sturgeon tagging programs that are in place and put it into a readable format. Thi swas being done for free outside of MoE in the past. MoE wishes to have more control over it and this stamp will pay for doing so.