Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2009 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 166758 times)

Knutsford

was out today and couldn't believe how much the water had come up.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Not much happening where I was, water was up a tad, and murkier then the weekend. Chris I made a nice pile of the beer cans i found, they are beside the river, directly out from the 2nd pull off above the crossing.
The Bigger The Better!

Every Day

• Old Timer

Coulda made some money  ::)  Why go through the effort of piling them up and not just take them, guess you got skunked like me  ;)
I am not likeing the visibility, or for that fact, the whole lower in general  ::)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Coulda made some money  ::)  Why go through the effort of piling them up and not just take them, guess you got skunked like me  ;)
I am not liking the visibility, or for that fact, the whole lower in general  ::)
He is just trying to help out a pensioner. ;D ;D I too am getting discourged with the visibility but we may be faced with it a good part of the season. I hope I am wrong.

Every Day

• Old Timer

Not really the visibility that I am concerned with. It is the fact that the whole river looks like a shoot now. Very little holding water in most areas besides slots (what I have found anyways). Might want the vis to stay crappy so you can fish right at your feet.

At least you have one under the belt already Chris.  ::)

nutsford

The good news with the visibility now is when it clears there will be fish throughout the whole system! The bad news is for those who cant find fish they will have to go to the swapmeets on weekends to be armpit to armpit (hopedale baily etc.) seen to many fish foul hooked last couple of years!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Back at it this morning for about 3 hours. The visibility remaining about the same,18 inches to 2 feet. A number of anglers I saw had the same non success as me other than I found another Maple Leaf DNE, about $2 worth of bottles and I just about completed my cleanup up of the parking area I have been working on the last few days. 5 bags picked up now.

Tomorrow is another day and I hope to improve on the one fish out of 6 trips with about a total of 14 hours of angling time. The weather once again was great and the wind was not too bad but the fish have so many places to lay in this less than ideal water conditions making finding them for this angler a challenge.

Every Day

• Old Timer

Water vis I would say was slightly better. Could see where you were walking about knee deep down. No fish for me or anyone else around.

Back at it this morning for about 3 hours. The visibility remaining about the same,18 inches to 2 feet. A number of anglers I saw had the same non success as me other than I found another Maple Leaf DNE, about $2 worth of bottles and I just about completed my cleanup up of the parking area I have been working on the last few days. 5 bags picked up now.

Tomorrow is another day and I hope to improve on the one fish out of 6 trips with about a total of 14 hours of angling time. The weather once again was great and the wind was not too bad but the fish have so many places to lay in this less than ideal water conditions making finding them for this angler a challenge.

You find 2 dollars in bottles, I just pick up the loonies along the way  ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Any one out today that could give a water update.  Much appreciated.

Thanks
I decided to take the day off from fishing and went to badminton instead. Checked the Lower river at 4 PM and it looked the best it has been for a few days.

Hope it holds for tomorrow.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Water looks great. over 3-4 feets vis, but that is off the crossing, on the main branch.
The Bigger The Better!

fishbuster

Lower river still fairly murky.  Maybe two feet vis.  Upper river is in great shape.

hue-nut

• Old Timer

how low are we talkin? did you take a peek at the canal? It's been under a foot and a half for the last week and or so, i'd love it if there was a good two feet of vis

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

The Lower river as I mentioned yesterday has improved to closer to 3 feet than 2 feet of visibility I thought when I got out shortly after noon but it can change by the hour. Fishing was  ;D and if time permits I may give a more detailed report under Fishing Reports.

fishbuster

Canal was about the same, lots of water.  

Every Day

• Old Timer

Good vis at crossing, would say around 3 feet. And parking lot is not open but lots of people beaking out sweltzer conf. and the run just below anyways.