Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2009 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 165549 times)

Every Day

• Old Timer

O ate it pretty bad today, not just once, but twice  ::)  Be very careful... make sure you are careful with where you put your steps. There are lots of places where you can fall through ice below the snow and then fall as a result of that. The ice under the snow is clear and very slippery... as I learnt today.

Other than that nice to be out. Lots of eagles around, can make for some good pictures  ;)  Heard of 2 fish killed today and that was it, snow was falling pretty much all day, made for a long walk home tredging through the knee deep white stuff. Best of luck to all the people looking for a Chritmas Steel tomorrow  ;)

kingpin

• Old Timer

i have about 16'' of snow at my house in greendale.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

testo84

• officially a hardware addict

i have about 16'' of snow at my house in greendale.

and i am enjoying the sun here
hardware == fish

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

The melt is now on in the Valley with rain and a slight wind, not sure how it will effect the river for tomorrow. :-\

WEEFISH

I was up today and river conditions were nice....BUT...be cautious on the slushy snow as there is a lot of frozen ice underneath!!

VERY SLIPPERY close to the river....BE CAREFULL ;)
<"((((><

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River was fishable when I looked at in the vicinity of the Lickman Road parking lot, saw 5 anglers working the runs within sight distance.

Getting some rain now and temperature was 2 C
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 04:55:40 PM by chris gadsden »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Rain stopped now and a bit of frost, side roads slippery so watch on your commute to work in the morning. River may be OK in the am if it stays cool.

patagonia

Thanks for the update Chris... Im gonna hit the river tomorrow and will post an update on the conditions

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Thanks for the update Chris... Im gonna hit the river tomorrow and will post an update on the conditions
I hope it holds for you, watch the roads as my driveway is sheer ice at the moment.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water was still hanging in when I looked at it around 3:30 but we have been getting heavy rain and snow mixed, with a strong West winds. At least it is melting some of the snow. The temperature in the Valley floor varies from 1 to 3 C at this time.

Every Day

• Old Timer

When we left Prison Camp at 1 the water was really bad. Around 6 inches of vis (had decreased from 3 feet when we got there). Pretty sure we heard a slide, but with the sounds of blasting happening up the valley it was hard to tell. Probably will be blown tomorrow. Was almost a complete white out on the way down until around tamahi bridge.

patagonia

Just got back... fished the upper/mid river vis was about 1.5 feet, water was "clay green", it was snowing when I left, hard to say if it will be good for tomorrow.... if it stays cooler with snow might be ok..

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

No rain this evening and it is freezing now. Tomorrow's water conditions?

dss

Not sure of the conditions this morning but outside in the driveway in Chilliwack it's very icy out. Probably stayed cool enough over night to keep the river in decent shape but the roads are going to be pretty bad until it warms up.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions excellent at this time, lots of rods on the flow.