Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Squamish River chum salmon spawning in peace, not  (Read 11109 times)

hue-nut

• Old Timer
Re: Squamish River chum salmon spawning in peace, not
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2008, 10:55:38 PM »

well put cody

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
Re: Squamish River chum salmon spawning in peace, not
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2008, 06:40:02 AM »

Take an person that does not fish...never been fishing before in there life....do not know anyone that fishes. Honestly, what are they supposed to know about fish?

CC

As much as I'm not a personal fan of sam salmon; I think his point is valid. But you have to look at it from the point of view of driving or getting a gun or owning a dog...

If you get behind the wheel of a car aren't you expected to have learned about driving first? Or if you buy a rifle, aren't you expected to take a course? fill out forms.

Any hobby or activity a citizen chooses to participate in presupposes (often by law) that the citizen learns about the activity first. Even the idiots who get lost hiking on grouse mountain are being required to pay for some of their rescue (I volunteer with search and rescue). Hell, when I got into a sailboat the first time - I'm expected to learn how to at least understand the basics of manouevering the boat. If I'm a jericho and smash into your catamaran or your dog, do you honestly think I would get away with the excuse of "hey it looked harmless"?

Stupidity  or "I didn't know" is not an excuse especially if what you choose to do may involve damaging something.

I think that was sam's point if you look beyond his barbs.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 07:04:45 AM by dennisK »