Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Update from Stealth Floats!  (Read 11380 times)

LargeMouthMinnow

Re: Update from Stealth Floats!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2008, 06:18:59 PM »

Like any piece of sporting equipment, half of the equation is confidence in what you are using.  If you are choosing line with less drag, clear floats, and certain flies, or cured roe, or whatever...if you believe it will give you more confidence.  Obviously, Stealth Floats has an interest in their product, but that's great....I'm envious that someone's passion has turned into a business opportunity....isn't that the ideal???

The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the pow'r
To say just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour!
Now is the only time we have, to do the what you will;
Do not delay another day, your clock may then be still!

Stealth

• Steve Kaye Sportfishing
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2008, 08:43:09 PM »

Every one is entitled to their opinion, you can catch fish with a red and white bobber and a stick if you really want to, what never fails to surprise me is that guys will spend big bucks on waders, rods and reels and then cheap out on terminal tackle like floats, hooks and line.

As I said you can catch fish with any float but quality floats do fish better and catch more fish when fishing is tough or a technical approach is required, not to mention a good float is just plain nicer to fish with, Just like a quality rod and reel.

I mentioned earlier that I fished all of last steeelhead season with two floats and I still have the second one. Eight bucks for a seasons worth of floats seems like a deal to me when you concider the performance and how nice the floats fish. IMHO

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2008, 08:44:55 PM »

Like any piece of sporting equipment, half of the equation is confidence in what you are using.  If you are choosing line with less drag, clear floats, and certain flies, or cured roe, or whatever...if you believe it will give you more confidence.  Obviously, Stealth Floats has an interest in their product, but that's great....I'm envious that someone's passion has turned into a business opportunity....isn't that the ideal???

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Stealth

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 08:50:05 PM »

last season I took several pictures of the floats from under water (a fish eye view) I did this during different water and weather conditions and the floats blended in very very well. I didn't see any blue color? maybe you held you head under water too long and you were hallucinating due to lack of of oxygen ;) ;D  I hate it when that happens!

Would you care to share the pics? post or PM?

Hello Ghost fish

Unfortunately the pictures were poor quality so I did not keep them. I do plan on taking more and posting them on the stealthfishing.com web site along with other styles of floats for anglers to see the difference for them selves.

Sometimes float style and color makes no difference to the fish what so ever, but some times it really does I have seen this for myself many times!

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 01:12:59 AM »

do tell, i think the clear floats are great, whether its just confinence or not, i believe they help. Stealths track well if using a larger sized float, the 28 gramer, but i find that for some reason when dropping down 2 the 23gramer and splitshot the float has a mind of its own
Fish killer 101

Schenley

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 10:58:49 AM »

Go ahead then guys-- its your money to waste.   But dont come down on me just because I point out that an angler does not need to buy in to this latest and greatest thing that someone has come up with to help his retirement!!! ::)

btw-- how come this is not posted in the advertizers specials forum????     

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 11:11:31 AM »

Go ahead then guys-- its your money to waste.   But dont come down on me just because I point out that an angler does not need to buy in to this latest and greatest thing that someone has come up with to help his retirement!!! ::)

Having the latest bling does not catch you any more fish.

Terry D

• Carp are sportfish too!!!
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2008, 11:16:22 AM »

But it may give you the "feel good" factor and possibly improve your confidence on the water.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 12:11:59 PM »

You can't put a price on the confidance you get from blinging :) So I say get them new floats if it makes you feel good.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2008, 04:05:41 PM »

how do u find the dink just as sensitive or less spooky 2 the fish, if ur fishing a 6ft deep run with 4ft of visibility the fish can see ur gear, i dont think thats stealth at all.
Fish killer 101

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2008, 05:11:44 PM »

so your saying i cant hook that fish because ill spook them with my foam float? that fish will hit it in clear water even if im using a foam float.....my foam floats are every bit as sensitive....properly balanced and shaped to the size i want
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

Stealth

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2008, 05:31:05 PM »

do tell, i think the clear floats are great, whether its just confidence or not, i believe they help. Stealths track well if using a larger sized float, the 28 gramer, but i find that for some reason when dropping down 2 the 23gramer and splitshot the float has a mind of its own

Hello Youngun

I use the 23gram  pretty much exclusively for steelhead but it is less forgiving when it come to weight because it is shorter. Put enough lead on it so that when the float is sitting in still water the water level is just at the top of the Chartruse stripe as shown in the rigging page http://www.stealthfishing.com/rigging/  you find that it tracks very well then. It sounds to me like you are underweighting the float.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2008, 11:11:25 PM »

no i its not the weight i have cut all my lead according 2 the weight that is needed, i used a digital scale and got the weights perfect. My problem is when trying 2 keep a tight line with the float (not lay my line on the water) i the float wavers back and forth, in a zigzag, not any extreme but weird. The 28gramer doesn't have a problem. Mabey its the specific float. But i do still like the length of the old ones.

Do u find the less weight more stealth or is there no need for it. I find that where i fish (mid to upper river) the heavier float keeps u in the zone longer and better than the lighter setups, i sometimes in pocket water or deep fast runs go up to 35 grams.
Fish killer 101

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2008, 11:57:06 AM »

Just so you know Stealth Floats donated their time and alot of their product last year at our Steelhead Derby and helped make it a great success with all the proceeds going to the SDA !!! I think they have a great product at a reasonable price, if you would rather fish with a dink float then go ahead !! why would you waste yours and everyone elses time with your negative comment on his post ???? just doesn't make sense to me.

and just a simple question ??  what is it you do for a living ?? maybe we can make it public and scrutinize you

Rick

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2008, 06:44:11 PM »

are any of these Stealths made with a hole through the center yet?? I bought a few of the originals and wasnt a big fan of the rubber tubing around the post thing they had. I really like piker style floats and do use the foam or balsa ones, and like balsa better but for $7 a float its gets pricey LOL and i refuse to pay for Drennans. these floats at $3.99 are a good value especially if they are stronger, I would like to see a green tinted one also though and also designed with the straight through hole.
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/