Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Como Lake - any boat restrictions?  (Read 14565 times)

Sea Nymph

Re: Como Lake - any boat restrictions?
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2008, 05:45:26 AM »

I live very close to Como lake and have taken my daughter fishing there for the last few years. There is a crowd of 8 to 10 seniors who I know by face that fish that lake daily when they stock it. I have even witnessed a few of them catching their limit in the morning and then coming back in the afternoon for a few more fish. It's unfortunate that these bad apples use it to stock their fridges full of trout and take the opportunities away from the kids. I would suggest making the limit two fish on lakes like Como and Lafarge. I know it won't stop the probleb but the fish may stay in the lake a week or 2 longer.

fishseeker

• Old Timer
Re: Como Lake - any boat restrictions?
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 08:44:35 AM »

Sad I know.  I have seen the same faces on Lafarge all taking more than their limit.  Not sure it's worth pointing it out to them - it's likely they already know they are taking advantage of the system so saying anything is probably not going to help.  (Besides, I hate any kind of potential confrontation when I am out on the water just to enjoy myself - fishing is meant to be fun after all).

I am planning a trip to Como with my nephew tomorrow - hopefully there will be something left over for him.  I always feel I have to rush out after a stocking just so we can have a chance at something while they are still left.