Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Recording springs on license  (Read 13725 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Recording springs on license
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 07:58:46 AM »

"Say you have taken some poison. When would you want the antidote......Immediately" That's what a CO in Washington State said to me as he filled out the fine. For not recording my Silver which is there term for Coho. As I accepted the ticket I said keep for #@%ing saying to yourself.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 09:08:42 AM »

Borrow a pen from a neighbouring angler... There are a million of them to choose from on the vedder...

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 09:14:31 AM »

Funny thing is, a similar occurence happened to my friend.  He caught a spring on the Vedder one day (his first salmon ever) and I told him to mark it on his license right away before fishing again.  In all the excitement, he must have forgotten or didn't hear me clearly.  Anyways, while walking back to the parking lot after our day was over I see a CO checking fish and licenses.  I quietly ask my friend whether he marked his fish and he said he forgot.  I told my friend to explain his predicament to the CO and hope for the best but be prepared to accept a ticket and take your lumps.  I guess the CO was in a good mood that day because he just gave my friend a warning.  Maybe they aren't as lenient anymore? :-\

Why should they be lenient? That is why we are in the mess we are with the stave and the vedder... I'd like to see some cars impounded, gear impounded as well... There is no excuse for not following the law. We need habitat restoration money in a big way, so there are fish to fish for in the future. I'd like to see law breakers pay for a portion of it.

However your friend sounds like an honest mistake, he was lucky to get a warning...

Just my 2 cents.
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

daveyjoneser

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2008, 09:17:13 PM »

Just fill out your license as soon as you catch a big stinky spring

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2008, 10:12:05 PM »

Why should they be lenient? That is why we are in the mess we are with the stave and the vedder... I'd like to see some cars impounded, gear impounded as well... There is no excuse for not following the law. We need habitat restoration money in a big way, so there are fish to fish for in the future. I'd like to see law breakers pay for a portion of it.

However your friend sounds like an honest mistake, he was lucky to get a warning...

Just my 2 cents.
Nicole

Actually I want them to be tougher.  No exceptions.  If it happened to me I would accept it and pay the fine whether it was an honest mistake or not.