Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trout Recipes  (Read 19318 times)

Centerpin-09

• Coho
Re: Trout Recipes
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 11:40:51 PM »

sounds tasty :o

Headshake

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 03:33:22 PM »

I find the wood chips on the barbecue add the smoke needed. Filleting was key to get my wife eating them again, so that means no small ones. Eating trout with bones is like eating porridge with hair in it, yuck.

Debone, salt, pepper lemon and cook.
I'ts either a fish or the bottom!

camtheman

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 05:55:20 PM »

nothing so far has beat rainbow straight from the lake to the fire

take your gutted rainbow and rub BUTTER all over loading it full sprinkle salt and pepper it inside and out  put it on tin foil and put onions all around and inside it fill the stomach cavity with good barbeque sauce and spread some onto the outside as well put some extra butter inside the tin foil and seal it off   
put it on some good hot coals and put a plank on top to reflect heat downwards
when you can smell it easily its ready

enjoy

dspot

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2009, 05:44:47 PM »

i wrap it with tin foil. line the bottom(also inside of fish) with chopped garlic, onions, tomatos, lemons, dill, place the trout on top then put lemon slices and seasoning on top of the fish then seal the tin foil then bake in the oven. when it is read it will form its own fish broth which is quite tasty which also gets rid of that muddy flavour

This is good pretty much with any fish. Just made some mahi-mahi like this while in Hawaii and it was delicious.

captainzippy

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 08:52:49 PM »

Try a spanish style ceviche. The fish gets "cooked" in lime juice - tastes great and makes a great appy. Lots of recepes online

ejeffrey

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 04:12:37 PM »

Thanks for the ideas everyone!

bcsixgill

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 12:46:12 PM »

A friend of mine swears by this method.

We going to try it this weekend.  Impale the trout on a stick, season with salt & pepper, a couple of onion & lemon slices in the cavity, wrap it in bacon, truss with wire and roast it hotdog style over hot coals.

Will let you know how it goes...........or if we had to eat Mac & Cheese.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2009, 01:15:54 PM »

Anything wrapped in bacon is good

RossP

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2009, 10:21:09 AM »

Anything wrapped in bacon is good

Mmmmmmmm bacon
I Love Hunting, golf and anything else that keeps others off the water.

jimmywits

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2009, 09:46:29 AM »

Just cooked some last night.  Never used dill before, but load it up with garlic and it will take away the mud taste.  I diced up some peppers, fresh mushrooms (none of that canned stuff), onions, green onions, and stuffed the fish.  Added some butter in the inside and out, rubbed garlic all over, the wrapped in foil and baked for 30 minutes.

Also, were your trout fresh?
I do the same thing with the  ingrediance but I also cook the trout with a slice of slightly cooked bacon in the middle and saute instead of baking. It's unbelievably good.

bcsixgill

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2009, 10:24:17 AM »

Tried cooking it on a stick over an open fire.  Use wire over butcher's string and use a forked stick so the fish doesn't flop around.  Tasted great but took a while to cook.  I cooked the remaining fish in tin foil placed on a hot rock in the coals.  Much easier and still tasty.

FishOn36

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2009, 04:12:29 PM »

Here's one I whipped up the other day, it came out beautifully.  ;D

Things you'll need:

- Cleaned trout w/ head removed
- Aluminum foil, (if you're cooking more then one fish you will need multiple pieces, they must be big enough to individually wrap the fish for baking.)
- Olive oil and a brush to spread it over the foil
- Salt
- Pepper
- 2 lemons (if you have big ones, one should be sufficient)
- A lemon zester
- Dried parsley flakes (fresh would be even better)
- A teaspoon sized cube of butter (you'll need more or less depending on the size and number of fish you're cooking)
- Ms. Dash Original Blend Seasoning (http://www.mrsdash.com/products/seasoning-original.aspx - You could probbly use any of the other blends, I've only tried the original and garlic & herb and found that the original is much better on fish.)

Directions:

1. First things first, pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees

2. Get the piece(s) of foil that you will be using, drop a teaspoon or two of olive oil on the DULL, not shinny side of the foil and spread it evenly with a basting brush this helps keep the fish from sticking to the foil during the cooking process.

3. Take your fish, dry them with paper towel  and place them on the pieces of foil.

4. Generously add Ms. dash, salt, pepper, parsley flakes to the fish both inside and out. (Note: Ms. Dash contains pepper already but I added extra cause that's how I like it :) )

5. Scrape some lemon zest on top of the fish, however much you like.

6. Slice up your lemon and put a few of them inside the fish and on the top of it, they take the cube of butter and put that inside the fish on top of the lemon slices you already put in there.

7. Now your trout is ready for baking, semi loosely wrap the trout in the foil so it has a bit of room to steam itself and place it onto a baking sheet and bake for 25mins. Once done you can take the lemon slices that cooked with the fish and squeeze the juice onto it if you like it tangy. Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!

Your final product should look something like this:

« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 04:16:16 PM by FishOn36 »

poncho

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 05:41:05 AM »

Eating trout with bones is like eating porridge with hair in it, yuck.

That is too funny. Kinda true though.