Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Back From the east Koots  (Read 4831 times)

searun17

• Old Timer
Back From the east Koots
« on: October 12, 2008, 08:11:31 PM »

Just got back from two weeks hunting in the east koots for elk and whitetails,the weather was a little warm but i still managed to see a fair amount of game , it took 5 days for the weather to cool down enough for the animals to really start moving,i managed to get my elk on the fifth day and a nice whitey two days later,i cant wait to get my meat back from the butcher the steaks and roasts should be great.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

younggun

• Old Timer
Re: Back From the east Koots
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 03:25:21 PM »

way to go on the bull and buck, what are the scores, number of points?

i made it back yesterday from lytton, hunting rams and alpine muleys, saw some nice bucks, gone when we got there. No legal sheep.
Fish killer 101

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 06:49:45 PM »

I had a cow leh ,she weighed 400 lb the whitey was a 4 point weighing 150lbs,to bad about your sheep hunt,a friend of my families had a sheep tag in the same area they got a nice sheep ,it ranks 25 th overall in the provincial book.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 05:30:37 PM »

a draw or normal tag, cus if it was a draw then it was a cali from big bar, or a big horn from the lilooet side. And my any chance was the guys name Bobby? cus i know a friend Bobby, wacked a monster last year out of there, 41 x 42, 15 inch bases
Fish killer 101

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 09:34:23 PM »

it was a draw for bighorn around Lilloete,i believe they got it late sept,and no it was not bobby it was a woman who shot it.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 04:15:24 PM »

awsome!! Ya we were around lilooet, but all the rams were timber rats this year, the cold weather has pushed them down into the trees, they go into the alpine to feed in the mornings and evenings. The bucks are still up top though, but hunting htem is hard, with about 8inches of snow on rock and grass faces its not that fun, or safe.

there are 2 types of sheep hunters . . . .  there are sheep hunters and then there are sheep hunters. If ur one, u know what i mean  :D
Fish killer 101