Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River Bear  (Read 8487 times)

kingpin

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River Bear
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2008, 08:27:26 PM »

boo hoo another bear was killed, get over it.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

buck

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2008, 09:40:05 PM »

Kingpin
   Was that you and your buddy who I saw running up the river from the marauding bear?

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2008, 10:42:08 PM »

Kingpin
   Was that you and your buddy who I saw running up the river from the marauding bear?

No, it was probably Shane and Sam  ;D  ;D

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2008, 10:56:04 PM »

wasnt me, i havent seen a bear on the river yet so far.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2008, 11:09:43 PM »

rain into 8 bears today. 2 were the biggest blackies i have seen. ALL were different bears, and all in the same area. also one of them, a sow had her to cubs. went through 3 bangers today and popped the spray caps at least 4 times. bren can confirm this. absolutely insane. something has to be done, it is out of control. this seams to be a little more awkward then just getting ready for winter. 8 bears in the same area..common. btw, this was not the vedder

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 11:26:26 PM »

all the berries are gone in this area!

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2008, 11:43:15 PM »

????? how does that seem like i am acting like i know it all. i fish the area everyday. gathering all the bears habits over the years, but this year is something different. heck, 2 people in my neighbourhood have already been mauled, one of them big enough to make the news for a couple days. no one around here has seen anything like it before. same thing goes with the vedder. i am pretty sure most people here can agree the large amount of bears on the vedder this year compared to other years.

yamadirt 426

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2008, 12:08:43 PM »

rain into 8 bears today. 2 were the biggest blackies i have seen. ALL were different bears, and all in the same area. also one of them, a sow had her to cubs. went through 3 bangers today and popped the spray caps at least 4 times. bren can confirm this. absolutely insane. something has to be done, it is out of control. this seams to be a little more awkward then just getting ready for winter. 8 bears in the same area..common. btw, this was not the vedder

So what do you propose be done ?  Just let them do their thing. They will be sleeping for the winter soon. So what if a couple people get mauled.  There are too many people around these days anyhow.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2008, 12:41:57 PM »

wow, i guess bears lives are valued more than humans these days

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2008, 03:06:04 PM »

exactly my point kp

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2008, 03:07:14 PM »

So what if a couple people get mauled. 

how would you like it if you were one of them.

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2008, 03:44:22 PM »

So what do you propose be done ?  Just let them do their thing. They will be sleeping for the winter soon.....

Couldn't agree more.

Some of the dumbest posts here are from people who are crying the loudest on other threads about too few fish-yet they want to control (read destroy) every other form of nature they encounter.

This kind of (non)thinking is of course exactly the kind of ignorance that got us into the predicament we're in today.

Do we really want selfishness greed and ignorance to rule in today's world?

OGrady

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2008, 03:51:01 PM »

????? how does that seem like i am acting like i know it all. i fish the area everyday. gathering all the bears habits over the years, but this year is something different. heck, 2 people in my neighbourhood have already been mauled, one of them big enough to make the news for a couple days. no one around here has seen anything like it before. same thing goes with the vedder. i am pretty sure most people here can agree the large amount of bears on the vedder this year compared to other years.

Confirmed.

Fished the area this morning with bren.
1 black

tottal of nine in 2 days on the same 1 km streach of water.

fyrslyer

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2008, 03:53:02 PM »

Excellent now i can fill my bear tag there!!

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2008, 04:21:42 PM »

I don't get it..  ???
Why are people are for killing everything that interferes with their fishing  ???  ::)  If you arn't confertable around these bears then just leave, also why keep going back to the same 1 km stretch of river if you have seen 9 bears there already in the last 2 days. It doesnt' make any sense to me  :-\
I guess a fish is more important to you than your own life (assuming these bears are as agressive as you make it out to be). They were there long before you were.
Maybe all the crap we are doing to the enviroment is the reason this is happeneing. Less fish every year, warmer temperatures every year, and expanding population are pushing all sort of animals out of their homes and probably making them more hungry. Don't worry, in 20 or so years we wont have any more fish left and you wont need to go into their space to get mauled.

Give your head a shake.  ::)