Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Canucks Captain - Luongo  (Read 3521 times)

WildRod

Canucks Captain - Luongo
« on: October 01, 2008, 03:00:43 PM »

So, what do ya think??  It's pretty cool to see them making a bit of history since it's been so long since a goalie had the C.  The only thing that really sucks is that Luongo won't wear a C on his jersey!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Canucks Captain - Luongo
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 04:17:03 PM »

There is no rules prohibiting the painting of the "C" on the mask. ;D

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 10:20:02 AM »

if your captain is a goalie it speaks volumes of what the coach/GM think of the rest of the squad...wonder if the decision betwixt cloth or disposable diapers has his head out of the game this year??? ::)

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 02:17:25 PM »

if your captain is a goalie it speaks volumes of what the coach/GM think of the rest of the squad...wonder if the decision betwixt cloth or disposable diapers has his head out of the game this year??? ::)

mojo

So far his save % is speaking for itself so yes, I would say his head is in the game.

Anyone who follows the Canucks closely knows Luongo is the best man for the job whether he's a goalie, a 50 goal a year player, or the waterboy.  He's a natural leader that was just that much better than the likes of Kessler, Mitchell, Ohlund, or even, Bieksa.  Not only does he lead by example but he knows when to say what needs to be said. 

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 12:07:01 PM »

indeed...he is playing well....against squads made up of non-roster players...when the games don't count....we'll see in a little bit now just how the season is shaping up for all teams... ;D

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Sir Snag-A-Lot

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 01:25:47 PM »

How else are the Canucks gonna keep Luongo interested in staying here beyond this year?  He has spent so much of his career on losing teams that I think that he will be looking elsewhere when the contract is up unless some miracles happen this season.  This seems like a desperate attempt to keep him loyal by a GM who hasn't been able to give his star player a better chance at winning.

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 07:05:28 PM »

How else are the Canucks gonna keep Luongo interested in staying here beyond this year?  He has spent so much of his career on losing teams that I think that he will be looking elsewhere when the contract is up unless some miracles happen this season.  This seems like a desperate attempt to keep him loyal by a GM who hasn't been able to give his star player a better chance at winning.

No offense but you gotta get your facts straight, bud.    If Luongo wants to leave after this year it will have to by trade since he's under contract for ONE MORE year after this season is up!