Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Peter Hope  (Read 2471 times)

troutslayer76

Peter Hope
« on: October 04, 2008, 06:28:58 PM »

Hey Guys,

Heading up to Peter Hope next Thurs. never fished it before,  if anybody has any pointers, it would be greatly appreciated. ;D
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities.  This is the coservationist's concern."RHB

troutslayer76

Re: Peter Hope
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 08:40:53 PM »

any suggestions? anybody? :-\
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities.  This is the coservationist's concern."RHB

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 08:43:46 PM »

The end of the lake is probably the best spot. Fish in the weeds as there should be some big fish cruising around. Also infront of the campgrounds. Those are the best spots on the lake from my experience. There are other spots I have picked up fish but not as frequently and not as big. The standard fall patterns will work. Big leeches and wooly buggers, boatman ( if their coming off ) baggy shrimp oh and my killer fly.......Oh you thought I was going to tell you LOL

Its one of my favorite lakes. If your there for a while why not head over to Glimpse as well. Its only a 10 minute drive away.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

troutslayer76

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 08:59:30 PM »

yeah we'll be there for a few days, i'll give your tips a shot, when you say baggy shrimp, what do you mean? ???

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 09:49:24 PM »

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 11:29:53 PM »

I would also try the booby. Fish the shoals and use the full sink line. Let the line go to the bottom and use short quick retrieves. This allows the booby to go up and down and will drive feeding fish nuts. They can not help them selves to strike.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

troutslayer76

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 07:42:48 AM »

Hey Flyguy, where can I get some boobies? does hatch match'r carry them?

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 09:15:25 AM »

I know searun has them but I will check at hatch matchers the next time I am in there.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day