Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pitt Marsh bass  (Read 6090 times)

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
Pitt Marsh bass
« on: August 19, 2008, 01:36:08 AM »

Hi, does anyone know if Pitt Marsh has bass in it?

Thank you.

yamadirt 426

Re: Pitt Marsh bass
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 06:55:05 AM »

if this is the area just south of the boat launch then yes it does. Its called area 51

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 08:43:04 AM »

Yes that's the area.  Okay thank you.  I guess I just have to explore harder to find them.

DionJL

• Old Timer

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 12:03:23 PM »

That's the biggest Largemouth I've ever seen from the Lower Rainland-too bad it wasn't a Smallmouth-which is a much more game fish.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 01:27:24 PM »

I've seen much bigger Largemouth come out of that same area (up to 10lbs). That was a few years ago now. I do agree with you though, Smallies are much better fighters.

dmocchi

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 10:46:20 PM »

Which begs the question, how does one get there????? I generally fish the Abbotsford (mill and walmsley) for smaller bass and fazon and washington for larger ones. Id like to find a closer place as I live in the GVRD.......Specifically, is the Pitt Marsh/pond the same location?  Is it also known as the Sturgeon Slough?? Thanx :)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 11:08:59 PM »

Which begs the question, how does one get there????? I generally fish the Abbotsford (mill and walmsley) for smaller bass and fazon and washington for larger ones. Id like to find a closer place as I live in the GVRD.......Specifically, is the Pitt Marsh/pond the same location?  Is it also known as the Sturgeon Slough?? Thanx :)

Just head north on Neaves road in Pitt Meadows. Sturgeon slough is the slough just before swan-e-set golf course. There are ponds further down the road towards Pitt Lake as well that hold bass.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

dmocchi

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 11:56:10 PM »

Thanx.....Uve been of great help. ;).......Ill post up a report ASA the suns' up again.... ::)