Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finally - I'm back from 3 weeks vacation  (Read 7259 times)

Newtown

Re: Finally - I'm back from 3 weeks vacation
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 05:34:05 PM »

Watch any soccer while you were there? 

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 07:10:03 PM »

Watch any soccer while you were there? 
We watched some most evenings.  A bit too far to make it to an actual game though ;)

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
    • My Pictures
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 07:12:10 PM »

Some shots from our time in Normandy:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=527326

Cheers.

ColinB

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2008, 10:45:46 AM »

I'm back from my Europe/England Vacation.  I have just finished writing up the blog about the trip (warning - lots of reading)  If you're intested, settle down with the laptop by the trout pond and toss out the bobber and worm while reading ;)

http://dragonspeed.wordpress.com/2008/06/23/all-europe-2008-trip-posts/

I'm looking to get out for my first trout outing of 2008 on July 1 (Sad isn't it?).  Any suggestions? (small inflatable boat, flies.)  Will the lakes around Harrison be more productive later due to the colder spring?

Hi DS,

I've only just spotted this thread?  Shame as when you visited Cambridge, I could have given you a guided tour and probably got you into Kings Chapel for free!

Next time perhaps.

Colin

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
    • My Pictures
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2008, 11:18:13 AM »

Hi DS,

I've only just spotted this thread?  Shame as when you visited Cambridge, I could have given you a guided tour and probably got you into Kings Chapel for free!

Next time perhaps.

Colin
That's funny.  I hadn't even thought about posting about my trip here when it was upcoming since there aren't many brits or Europeans here.  My fotoblog site is littered with Brits so I did alot of my planning in the forums over there.

Cambridge was really lovely, as long as you don't run over by a cyclist ;)  My only gripe was that you couldn't really get far enough away to get a quality picture so most of my shots from our couple of hours there all feature the "lean-away" building look.

Here's one that I liked though (except for the annoying sign <grr> ):

« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 03:45:02 AM by DragonSpeed »

ColinB

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2008, 01:51:35 PM »

Cambridge was really lovely, as long as you don't run over by a cyclist ;)  My only gripe was that you couldn't really get far enough away to get a quality picture so most of my shots from our couple of hours there all feature the "lean-away" building look.

I assume as time was tight you didn't get to see the "Backs" of the colleges?  There's plenty of space for wide angles there.
The image you posted of Kings front reminds me of my days as a messenger for the university, I passed through that gateway many many times. I also worked in the "Old Schools" building which is right next to the Chapel at Kings.  I always considered myself extremely lucky to live and work in such a beautiful city.
I just wish we had a run of Coho ::) ::)

Colin
Trinity Great Court, Great Gate and Chapel, Chariots of Fire and all that!! 
St. Catharine's Main court
King's front and Chapel
and finally if you want some history try this shot of Queen's college Cloister Court!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 02:19:35 PM by ColinB »

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
    • My Pictures
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2008, 03:47:57 AM »

I assume as time was tight you didn't get to see the "Backs" of the colleges?  There's plenty of space for wide angles there.
I realized that too late unfortunately :(  We had to get to Ipswitch to drop off the car that day.
The image you posted of Kings front reminds me of my days as a messenger for the university, I passed through that gateway many many times. I also worked in the "Old Schools" building which is right next to the Chapel at Kings.  I always considered myself extremely lucky to live and work in such a beautiful city.
I just wish we had a run of Coho ::) ::)
That would be ideal - except you'd probably have to pay 20 pounds/day to fish it ;)

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
    • My Pictures
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2008, 03:06:11 PM »

I'm back from my Europe/England Vacation.  I have just finished writing up the blog about the trip (warning - lots of reading)  If you're intested, settle down with the laptop by the trout pond and toss out the bobber and worm while reading ;)

http://dragonspeed.wordpress.com/2008/06/23/all-europe-2008-trip-posts/

I'm looking to get out for my first trout outing of 2008 on July 1 (Sad isn't it?).  Any suggestions? (small inflatable boat, flies.)  Will the lakes around Harrison be more productive later due to the colder spring?

We ended up doing a day trip to Hatheume lake.  Great time.  I didn't land anything but had a few good hits.  Not too busy as far as lakes go.  Probably the 1 fiish rule has that effect.  I like it.  Not exactly "day trip"distance though.  Will have to make a "weekend trip" later ;)

It was SOOOOO good to get on water again!