Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tents...  (Read 2854 times)

Gotcha

Tents...
« on: April 17, 2008, 11:51:01 PM »

I was wondering if any one has used or bought a tent from Costco..... They are reasonably priced, but not to sure if there any good. I've been camping for about four years but was always invited to use my friends tent.... Soon I'll be needing one, so should i try the costco one and return it if it's not worth it ( the old quote "You get what you pay for" ) or go and get a more reliable one that may cost an arm and a leg??? Mind you that I'll only use it two or three times a year....

Any help is much appreciated...

gotcha

swampdonkey

Re: Tents...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 08:09:15 AM »

i would give it a try if you are not happpy just return it they are known as the easy rent it center

doja

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 08:16:32 AM »

Which one? I belive they had two kinds (not positive though).

I bought the the 5 person ($80 on sale) one and looks good altough have not tried yet and probly won't for a few more months.

As ^^^ said if not happy full money back before 6 months even if you used it, and all I have bought from them has been very good like the memory foam bed and pillow (they rock).

But would be good to know how long it took to set up, although it looks like a decent design and love the covered area (and price).

Doja

HARLEY

• flyfishing
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 09:03:54 AM »

I don`t think that you can go wrong buying from Costco and their return policy is excellent---If you are only going to use the tent two or three times a year, why not go for it, its not really a huge amount of cash to lose  even if there is a problem---BUT---A person can never go wrong with the motto that usaully you get what you pay for!

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 10:40:48 AM »

What's wrong with the good old tarp lean-to. Costs lots less and your kinda being more of a "woodsman" than some sissy in a tent. :) I stay in a trailer or motel because cost isn't a issue.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Gotcha

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 06:04:20 PM »

All true, there are three tents ... 1/ a three person tent that is small and cramp 2/ a 4-6 person tent that is 19' long with a vestibule and 3/ a 8 person tent that has two rooms....

HARLEY, doja... yes the return policy is great , setting the tent up seems to take a while with the two bigger ones and the small one looks to fragile.... 

OK.... thanks for the info all....

gotcha

island boy

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 10:19:03 AM »

i bought the $50 one and it's a decent size. not bad for the price.
you kill it, you clean it.