Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fish Finders  (Read 5449 times)

2fly

Fish Finders
« on: March 14, 2008, 10:10:17 PM »

I was considering buying a finder for my float tube,I'm considering one of these the Bottom Line Fishin Buddy or the Humminbird Smart Cast.If anyone has used these before i would like to hear what you think of them.Thanks

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
Re: Fish Finders
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 02:12:56 PM »

I found the humminbird smart cast to be good for finding depth and surface temps. Its ultra portable and can be brought anywhere. A few times the fish 'alarm' went off but it never coincided with a hookup :-\.  Knowing the exact depth within seconds of dropping the wireless device in the water was worth the 80 bucks.

It also worked well at showing accurate depth at speeds of up to 4km per hour while trolling the wireless thing 20 ft from a standard boat.

"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

island boy

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 05:23:05 PM »

humminbird has a model simmular to the bottom line one. i would asume the humminbird would be better quality.
you kill it, you clean it.

chironomidking

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 10:44:09 AM »

I have a new (used a couple of times) Bottom Line if you want to try it out.  I can not seem to get it to accurately display depths when used on my 12 ft.  Maybe someone else will have better luck with the settings, etc.  It also seems to eat the batteries even if not turned on so I have to take them out when not in use (even for an hour or so). I bought it as a replacement on my punt but....

If you like it, make me an offer (paid around $225) but not expecting to get anything near that!  Located in Surrey (Cloverdale area near 188th St)

Send me an email  (flyfisher696@yahoo.ca)

CK

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 02:30:06 PM »

HumminBird bought the Bottom Line finders....I believe a new model will be available soon with a sidefinder included...a quik check with Jack(humminbird rep) on flybc will give you the straight goods...;)))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 03:51:16 PM »

PM XGolfman.... he just tried his out this weekend for the first time and seemed to like it, not sure what model it is but I think it was fairly inexpensive
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

2fly

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 07:36:04 PM »

Thanks for your info guys,I think ill try the RF 35 smart cast its sorta cool and not to expensive.

jbarns

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 04:34:46 PM »

Lets us know how it works, I was looking at buying one.