Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seeking mechanical advice on my 95 cherokee sport se  (Read 1708 times)

Derp

• Tight lines!
Seeking mechanical advice on my 95 cherokee sport se
« on: March 04, 2008, 05:47:52 PM »

So the problem is that none of the climate controls in the jeep work because the fan motor doesnt work (I bought it like this so I dont know when it stopped working).

I cant drive when it foggs up in rainy weather and I hate driving around freezing my my friend off.  Since I'm a student I'm looking at doing this myself to save a few bucks, but I need any advice as to what I should do.

Is there a fuse that deals with the blower motor? (the only one that I see in the power distribution center is aux fan and I don't think it has to do with this) or should I try changing a the resistor or the whole blower motor? I'm not that mechanically inclined but I think I'll manage. 

I also found this link which might help http://autorepair.about.com/library/a/1i/bl793i.htm

If anyone can help thad be great! thanks  :)
In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find

canso

• Old Timer
Re: Seeking mechanical advice on my 95 cherokee sport se
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 05:55:59 PM »

start with the fuses, then the resistor.
if still nothing
apply 12volts to the motor to see if it works.

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 08:55:52 PM »

Check the blower motor fuse at the fuse box under left side of dash first.

Jamison Jay

• shh....I'm hiding
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 09:44:17 PM »

The older cherokee were prone to burning out the blower motor. The easiest way to test is not to apply power, but to simply put a test light onto the blower motor connection under the hood on the passenger side. You can pick-up a cheap test light  at crappy tire, or make your own(I'd just buy one, for future use). Pull the connector off, connect the test light to each side fo the terminal, with the blower fan commanded on, and key on.

Just to clarify, Make sure you first have a good fuse installed, then you connect the test light to either side of the connector first, this will test the power and ground side. If it doesn't light, then connect one side to battery neg. and test for power. If that is good, then connect the clip lead to power, and probe the other side of the connector to check for ground.

When checking power with the test light make sure to test in all speeds.