Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Nice Christmas Present  (Read 3568 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
A Nice Christmas Present
« on: December 22, 2007, 06:38:26 PM »

A well deserved win tonight as the boys were rolling, rolling, rolling right along  ;D ;D ;D into the festive season.

By the way, a very Merry Christmas and the best for the New Year to all the boys on Sports Chat be they Leaf, Canucks or Sens fans.

Kindest regards,

Chris

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: A Nice Christmas Present
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 07:48:11 PM »

And a Merry Christmas to all the Leaf fans out there. Here's to Santa bringing the Leafs some good hockey sticks, a goalie, defencemen, forwards, a new coach, and a General Manager. ;D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 10:23:48 PM by Fish Assassin »

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 11:16:05 PM »

And a Merry Christmas to all the Leaf fans out there. Here's to Santa bringing the Leafs some good hockey sticks, a goalie, defencemen, forwards, a new coach, and a General Manager. ;D

I guess it all barrels down to whether or not the Leafs are on Santa's good or naughty list. Or maybe Chris has some pull with the big guy (not that big guy...I mean Santa).  BTW, Chris wouldn't be short for Christian? Would it?

On another note, another win by the Nuks...finally a shootout victory! :o  Soul position of first place in the division.  ;D ;D

And of course,  Merry Christmas and to all and to all a good bite (on your next fishing outing)!  ;)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 11:40:49 PM »

I guess it all barrels down to whether or not the Leafs are on Santa's good or naughty list. Or maybe Chris has some pull with the big guy (not that big guy...I mean Santa). 

The fact that the Leafs haven't won the Cup since 1967 says it all. Matter of fact, they haven't even made to the finals since 1967.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 06:41:24 AM »

I guess it all barrels down to whether or not the Leafs are on Santa's good or naughty list. Or maybe Chris has some pull with the big guy (not that big guy...I mean Santa). 

The fact that the Leafs haven't won the Cup since 1967 says it all. Matter of fact, they haven't even made to the finals since 1967.

another interesting fact...the Canuks have never won a cup...but I guess I should not have mentioned this....huh??? :D :D :D :D....you make it too easy some days FA... ;D

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 08:51:14 AM »

another interesting fact...the Canuks have never won a cup...but I guess I should not have mentioned this....huh??? :D :D :D :D....you make it too easy some days FA... ;D

mojo

Here we go again. ;D  This is getting rather tiresome.....you can only compare cup wins from an even point in time.  The last time the Leafs won it was in a six game league....your odds are one in six!  One would figure that sooner or later even the Laughs would get hot enough to win once.  When the Nuks came in there were more than twice as many teams and ever since then they are dead even. They've both been to the finals and both lost. :(

Don't forget that during that 6 team NHL the Canucks were busy winning cups in their own league.  ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 10:49:51 AM »

Good post Mastercaster. It's a fact that Mojoman conveniently forgets.  ;D I guess if you're a Leaf fan you hold on to every thread of memory even if it was 40 years ago. ;D