Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boxing day derby  (Read 2383 times)

searun17

• Old Timer
Boxing day derby
« on: December 09, 2007, 01:08:25 AM »

Well its that time of year again,steelhead season and another boxing day derby to enjoy chasing these magnificent fish as well as spending a day with some great people in hopes of having an enjoyable day on the flow and just maybe taking home the kingfisher honors,i don't know about everyone else but out of all the days i spend fishing over the course of the year this one day seems to mean more to me and is the one day i cant wait for more than any other day spent fishing,i guess the main draw for me is the long tradition and history of this derby and to be part of it, as well as a chance to wet a line alongside some of the most knowledgeable rods on the river.but the topper has still eluded me over the years and that is to have my name on the kingfisher trophy alongside all the winners of years past,who knows maybe this year.What has the derby come to mean for some of you.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Boxing day derby
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 01:32:29 AM »

Thanks for the reminder Searun. I haven't had a chance to put the info up on the website as the organizer has not gotten in touch with me and I am prepping to fly overseas next week. If someone has a chance to get in touch with the organizer, please let him know that he can email info@fishingwithrod.com so I can get the derby info (rules, cost, etc) up for him so people have a chance to sign up. Good luck to those who are entering the derby this year.

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 01:46:41 AM »

Have a great trip Rodney,man i thought i was the only one on the site with sleeping issues. ;)
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

allwaysfishin

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 11:33:32 AM »

snow on the ground.... the rumours of early steelhead floating around......... While I haven't participated in the derby every year..... New years day and boxing day have been a dedicated "must fish" day since my early teens. Don't know if i'll get a ticket for the boxing day derby... but i'm sure looking forward to the fwr derby on jan 20th.
well... see ya all on the flow and good luck this year  ;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 09:45:34 AM by allwaysfishin »

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 02:37:50 PM »

Well no boxing day derby for me this year so we all know that searun will have a tough time finding fish  ;D as last year he had to hook the one I lost at shore to win the first fish of the day honours lol . Boxing day derby is always the high light of the season even though it is at the beginning of the season. It is something that we all look forward too every year. Hey who knows maybe searun will get his son guppy into a fish this year.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 02:49:16 PM »

Well no boxing day derby for me this year so we all know that searun will have a tough time finding fish  ;D as last year he had to hook the one I lost at shore to win the first fish of the day honours lol . Boxing day derby is always the high light of the season even though it is at the beginning of the season. It is something that we all look forward too every year. Hey who knows maybe searun will get his son guppy into a fish this year.

now thats funny,and this is coming from a guy that didnt even know what  a corkie was before i taught you how to fish,beek. ;D

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 06:04:51 PM »

Planning a FWR derby??? Would be a blast..sorry if im out of the loop.  ??? ???
always a student

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 06:07:44 PM »

Planning a FWR derby??? Would be a blast..sorry if im out of the loop.  ??? ???

very top post of the general discussion.... all details are in there 8)
420-|WiSh'[N] I WaS FiSH'[N]|-247

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 08:56:01 PM »

Its just too bad that I cannot fish because I work in the retail business. Damn Boxing Day!!!!

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 04:29:06 PM »

thanx rod  ;)
always a student