Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Character Assassination  (Read 3768 times)

flyrod

• Old Timer
Character Assassination
« on: November 05, 2007, 10:41:30 AM »

I went onto Sharp Hooks site and was shocked to read the character slam on Rodney by some guy that was turfed from here.  Unreal, the guy was foul mouthed and abusive towards Rodney over the ordeal. Just discusting!
It is really sad to think that people can get away with such nonsense.  I know that there are bad apples in every batch, just disappointed at the lack of character and maturity in some of those who are looking for a forum to rant and dump on others. 
Seems that there is little or no moderating happening on that site and people are not held accountable for their behaviour. 
My support is there for Rodney.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
Re: Character Assassination
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 12:43:12 PM »

There's LOSERS in every crowd ::)

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 01:27:29 PM »

Sharphooks is a lame outdated website anyway. If you take ( or believe) anything other than the driving directions from SH then your just as retarded as that guy. FWRod rules !!!

CandT
"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 01:35:47 PM »

One thing about this site I like a lot is that lots of pics get posted...seeing all the different fishy shots gets me fired up! I notice there are next to none on Sharphooks.  I guess when all you do is run your mouth and talk trash then you can't really post a picture of yourself or else you may have to finally stand (or fall) accountable for your words!  Gotta love those internet tough guys and their cozy security blanket called anonymity they hide behind on the internet  :P

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 02:49:39 PM »

One thing about this site I like a lot is that lots of pics get posted...seeing all the different fishy shots gets me fired up! I notice there are next to none on Sharphooks.  I guess when all you do is run your mouth and talk trash then you can't really post a picture of yourself or else you may have to finally stand (or fall) accountable for your words!  Gotta love those internet tough guys and their cozy security blanket called anonymity they hide behind on the internet  :P

You gotta watch where you post pics these days. They might just come back to bite you when you least expect it. Especially if you give away details of your life bit by bit along the way. Weirdos can use that info against you down the road. Better to be safe than really sorry.  ;D
"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 04:28:18 PM »

This is thew best fishing web site in the North West for fishing information, tall tails,fishing tips,videos and the home of Canada's number 1 hockey team ,The Toronto Maple Leafs. ;D ;D ;D

O and "The Journal", when I find time to write it. ;D ;D ;D

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 07:51:18 PM »

Should have stopped at "Videos" Chris.  ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 10:28:21 PM »

I've been reading it, good entertainment during coffee (hot chocolate) break. ;) No worries, as it is just a couple of teenagers who are venting. :) Some attitude adjustment either at home or in the real world will fix that sooner or later. ;)

Lets not sidetrack and bash other sites, it would only lower the standard of this community. I usually just let the traffic ranking of the site speaks for itself. ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 12:49:47 AM »

Can't help but wonder how many of those members have been kicked off other forums.

hotrod

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 06:12:14 AM »

Quite a few of them booted off BCFR too. They came over to cause trouble and were shown the door.SH is on its way out too. There seems to be zero moderation over there.

Hotrod

Riverman

• old fart
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 07:14:13 AM »

Excellant response Rod.Just goes to show why this is the best site around.A classy response.Too bad it happens but I agree a few hard knocks will straighten them out.Classy approach.
Riverman

Bhinky

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 09:05:16 AM »

Those guys sure are good for a laugh!

croc

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 09:34:09 AM »

it's amazing what people will do to try and boost there confidence  :-\