Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hunting success....  (Read 19445 times)

younggun

• Old Timer
Re: Hunting success....
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2007, 09:01:05 PM »

nice buck, how much he way 125-135lbs? Nice rack on him, what scope is that u got? and wood stock on the gun looks old, but still shoots straight, so thats all that matters, what does he score?
Fish killer 101

allwaysfishin

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2007, 10:41:19 PM »

Actually youngun, he weighed 185 gutted, as per the meat hook at my butcher.... so probably 225 on the hoof, NOT a small blacktail  ;D
I don't score my deer, I'm not a bone hunter , could care less about scoring. Although last years big blacktail does qualify for the book... but you won't find it there :D , don't get me wrong.... I'm as pleased as the next guy when i bring down a deer with a nice rack... but it's secondary to meat in the freezer, which is why i hunt.
The rifle i am shooting is an exceptionally acurate 303 british ,BSA  lee enfield no1 mkIII and was manufactured in 1911, my prefered rifle and calibre for hunting deer in the thick, although this rifle has taken mulies at 200 plus yards and one big bull moose at 150ish yards. the scope is a bushnell elite 3200 , 3-9x40 with a camo job i did a while back.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 10:44:04 PM by allwaysfishin »

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2007, 11:28:15 PM »

i miss judged the weight just a little.  ::)  :P If it shoots straight and u can hit the target, use it. Looks like that combo does fine. With my 300 i wouldn't be afraid to push 300 yards, just a confidence factor, just like how i perfer roe over ghost shrimp, or blades over spoons. good job, ur 2 for 2, now i have to go out and get another one just to tie.
Fish killer 101

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2007, 08:59:30 PM »

First duck hunt this week on the evening flight, 3 shots, 1 mallard.

With this weather the web foot hunting will start. Anyone else been out yet?

fishforever

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2007, 08:57:35 PM »

nice buck alwaysfishin

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2007, 09:56:54 PM »

Went out duck hunting last night, nothing much flying during legal shooting hours.  Lets bring on the wind and rain.....

allwaysfishin

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2007, 07:50:27 PM »

was out for first shooting light today..... putting out the decoys in the dark. lotsa fog and mist this morning so we missed shots at a  few high flyers that wouldn't commit on the pond. Wasn't untill the sun warmed things a little till we had birds coming in on our decoys. was a couple hours of fun with 3 guys limiting out. Don't duck/goose hunt much but it's something i'm trying to do more of. Was my new remingtons virgin day out in the field and she peformed true to remington fashion.... flawlessly. mmmm roast mallard breasts with orange rum sauce mmmmmmm

Derp

• Tight lines!
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2007, 01:07:55 PM »

I wanna try waterfouling this year, and need to bone up on the shotgunnin skills. What places around the lm are there for trap/ skeet?? also where do I start as far as hunting goes?
In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2007, 04:44:12 PM »

Friends have been doin well this season aswell! That ram is 39.5 by 40! massive! Steep country where he was taken. Here's a roosevelt elk that was taken, U cant see it that well, but he's a 6 by 7, same guy shot a goat last weekend, pictures coming of that beast aswell. Hopefully i'll get lucky next weekend.
Fish killer 101

allwaysfishin

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2007, 12:02:16 AM »

hit the pond again this morning with my buddy and his labs... man it was chilly changin into the waders and camo......was slow this mornin with only 5 birds between us..... but it's rainin ...... gonna try a evening hunt tomorrow over some fields i've been given permission to hunt.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2007, 08:23:19 PM »

2 nice mallard drakes on the evening flight tonight, not a lot of birds around yet as far as I have seen.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2007, 10:21:04 PM »

k so pictures of a nice goat and another monster ram are on the way.
Fish killer 101