Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: my new moose/elk gun has arrived  (Read 3758 times)

allwaysfishin

my new moose/elk gun has arrived
« on: November 03, 2007, 01:35:35 PM »

a bit late for this season but my new custom Steyr has finally come back from the smith. chambered in 300 wsm, with a krieger stainless match 26" heavy contour barrel, swarovski optics, adjustable trigger and a richard's micro fit, laminate thumbhole target stock..... working on pics...... Took her out to my favorite shooting spot on crown land and just as i had hoped..... she is putting the rounds right on top of each other at 100 yards. 3 shots at 100 could be covered by a dime on the target...... I guess for 4800.00 one would expect/demand this type of performance. Going to be chasing stone sheep and cariboo on a hunt i've booked for next year so this rifle will be perfect..... I'm excited  ;D

younggun

• Old Timer
Re: my new moose/elk gun has arrived
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 02:34:21 PM »

nice gun! i wouldn't use anything bigger for any northamerican game, no point. a 300 is perfect. the natives up north use 223. to shoot carabou  ;D U have some awsome optics on that thing. what is the trigger pressure at right now. stock is usually 6lbs the legal limit is 3.5lbs. i dropped mine down, helps alot on accuracy as there is not real heavy pressure needed. but this also causes me to have either the safety on the whole time or not have a bullet in the chamber.

We need pictures! I'm planning on a new gun aswell. It'll be a Weatherby Ultra light 7mm weatherby caliber. with a nice leupold gold ring 3 by 9 by 42. It'll be a killing machine! I want my name engraved on the bolt, getting a flueted barrel and mabey have the barrel turned down. (probably not)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 02:39:37 PM by younggun »
Fish killer 101