Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Added Pics - Coho on The Wack Oct. 31st  (Read 5432 times)

CohoOn!

Added Pics - Coho on The Wack Oct. 31st
« on: November 01, 2007, 04:48:32 AM »

Well I headed to my buds in Chilliwack late on Tuesday and stayed the night with good intensions of being on the river at the crack of dawn. Never was much of a morning person and looks like that's not about to change.  ;)
Finally got to my first spot at 8:30am after realizing I had rested my Tim's breakfast sausage muffin on the roof of my van while getting in and then proceeded to drive off with it still there. ??? So had to break out the left over pizza from the night before that I had brought along for lunch. Coffee and cold pizza...what a breakfast!  ;D
High overcast and the sun still hadn't broke over the mountain peaks yet so still quite chilly with water conditions just perfect. Third cast with the Vibrax #5 and the Gods must have decided I was due a break for the breakfast ordeal and I see a flash rise and turn then a coho on! :)
Land a nice bright 6 lber hatch that unfortunately bore the scar of a snag in the back and then line marks where it had done it's classic coho roll and wrapped itself several times with the snaggers line before somehow getting free.
Nothing else there or the next two spots I went to and I was getting prepared to head to the Chehalis thinking things were winding down on the Chilliwack but boy was I wrong. Fourth spot I hit at about 9:30 and the sun had just started peaking the mountains and in the next hour i proceeded to hook up with 7 more beautiful coho. :o Landed 5 of them and lost two but all were still in incredible shape for this time of year. Still shiny chrome and just ever so slightly darker on the tops of thier backs than 2.5 weeks ago. Can't beieve it! So finally a day where I limited out with hatchery with one 6lb, two 8lbers and the last was a beautiful 12lb doe I'm guessing as it was 30 inches from bow to stern.
Decided to do some exploring for the rest of the day and scouted around Alison pools and below Tamihi rapids all of which were in great shape with only a handful of guys fishing but didn't see any fish being taken when i was there in the afternoon. Stopped in and chatted with the new owner of the On The Way store named Lloyd who seems like a real character and great guy. Have the fish on ice right now and will try and get the nieghbors digital to take some pics to post in the mornin as mine has packed it in.
And hope this post meets with your approval Bug Pumper or would you actually prefer we forward them to you first for your approval?? ;D ;D ;D     

« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 07:17:08 PM by CohoOn! »
Long May Yer Big Jib Draw!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Coho on The Wack Oct. 31st
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 05:23:31 AM »

Nice report, thanks and you have me fired up for a trip today as I have not wetted a line since Saturday as was chasing deer instead.

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 08:32:52 AM »

yes, yes, good form, good presentation, great sentance structure, very inspiring story. Can't wait till saturday!

;D
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 08:34:45 AM by bug pumper »
Fish on!

testo84

• officially a hardware addict
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 09:03:53 AM »

all i got were fresh chums a with still sea lice and only 2 hoes lol !
hardware == fish

fyrslyer

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 10:04:05 AM »

Hey CohoOn i am pretty sure it was you i talked to a couple kms down from tamahi along the gravel road, with the black small dog? anyways thanks for letting me in on this web site lots of good info!!

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 02:57:59 PM »

Dude, seeeee, you limited out being out there early!

I hate to bring it up,
but I was right yet again ;D ;D ;D

CohoOn!

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 06:16:47 PM »

Okay finally got some pics that I hope you can see. Keep in mind this was taken a day after they were caught. Actually two of them almost had identical scars of bad snags on top of backs just behind thier heads and both as well had the line scars around the bodies where they had rolled and wrapped themselves with the line. :'(
Anyone that's regularly foul hooking please consider changing your set ups or where you're fishing. :-[
And yup Fyrslyr that was myself and my furry little sidekick Kimi that saw you briefly in the afternoon.
And Adriaticum my good ol' pal ;).... 10 to 10:30  when I hit most all of them is not exactly the ghastly 6:30am time you've been trying to drag me out at over the past few weeks.
As far as "right yet again" goes you most certainly aren't referring to our different opinions on where and how to fish or need I bring up who has landed what on our outings together :D and maybe one time in particular when I told you exactly where they'd be and gave you first dibs and you shortly gave up saying there's nothing there only to have me walk up and pull a chrome 12lber pounder out on my first cast!! ;D ;D ;D
I actually know what you were referring to but my angler pride just has to make sure you're not giving anyone a different impression. ;) 
Cheers dude!   
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 06:20:08 PM by CohoOn! »

Sinaran

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 06:37:54 PM »

drool..........................
i've been trying to catch my first coho of the year at the Vedder .. report like this makes my eyes red.   :P
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

adriaticum

• Old Timer
Re: Added Pics - Coho on The Wack Oct. 31st
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 09:31:17 PM »

They look kind of wiggly to me,
are you sure you haven't pulled these out of the freezer for a photo-op??
 ;D ;D

Saturday, my midget car and I  will definitely be out there...

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 10:19:14 PM »

those are pretty nice for a picture taken the next day. My fish always have some wear and tear on the noses, just like in your picture.  Glad to see you can take a ribbing also, good for you.
Fish on!

CohoOn!

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 10:38:08 PM »

Why would I bother doing that?? :-\
Way simpler to just use an old photo! ;D ;D

Guppy

• nothing but steelhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 11:13:32 AM »

nice catch. those are some pretty nice coho.
small fish in a big river