Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Nov.5  (Read 2272 times)

Big Rob

Vedder Nov.5
« on: November 05, 2007, 05:37:18 PM »

Fished the vedder  until noon.  Released one small hatchery doe  and lost another one at the beach. fished mid river most of the morning.talked to a few fishermen, everyone had the same response, pretty darn slow . One retired fisherman who is on the river steady  felt like someone had turned the tap off on the weekend when it came to his coho fishing. Should be more fresh fish moving in but I think thats  it for the  Vedder   until Steelhead season for me. On the way  home stopped at the slough released two wild coho and kept one hatchery fish.  Beautiful day weather wise and  not to many fishermen on the Vedder.

CohoOn!

Wack Nov.5th
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 05:46:13 PM »

Just a quick report. :)
Stopped off between 10 and 12 on my way to an afternoon of hiking Elk Mountain with a friend. Water was perfect with slight color to it but coho seemed a tad skiddish today. Could see them follow my lure several times and not take it. Thought the colored water would pose no problem for using 12lb leader but finaly changed up to a 10lb and wouldn't you know third cast a beauty 8lb hatch. Still very clean but body does seem to be getting a tad limp compared to past couple of weeks. Few more casts with nothing then headed to the mountain.
Weather was awesome and no one around except a couple of eagles!  :)
Long May Yer Big Jib Draw!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Vedder Nov.5
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 06:08:16 PM »

Well The Master found them I guess Rodney may fill in the details as I left too soon. ::)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Vedder Nov.5
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 10:38:38 PM »

A rather uneventful day, for me and Shane anyway. We fished with Nick "The Master" at first light, and he has once again proven why he is "The Master". The main run that usually produces was not on fire today. I did not have a single bite for the first time this season. Shane worked through a fast slot further upstream, with no result. Soon after, "The Master" went up, and the rod started bending. :P By the end of the day, he managed to hook 10 coho, landed 7, 2 hatchery fish and 5 wild fish. Water clarity was very nice, height was slightly higher than preferred but very fishable. Perhaps this is a sign of the end of the Vedder River coho season. It has been a good one after all. Fish will still be around of course, just more concentrated at certain spots, which require searching. Good luck.