Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stealth Floats update and Sale!  (Read 7039 times)

Stealth

• Steve Kaye Sportfishing
Stealth Floats update and Sale!
« on: September 28, 2007, 07:28:24 PM »

Hello From Stealth Fishing Technologies!!

Just a quick announcement that our new design is in production right now! This new clear float has a modified shape and will come in two sizes, a 23 gram and a 28 gram to start. We hope to see them by early November.

In the mean time our original design has now been put on sale at selected retailers for a limited time only for  $1.99 each, Half price!  All floats have been hand inspected for quality control.

Dealers currently participating in the sale are,

Reaction Fly and Tackle
Fred's Custom tackle
Hub Sports
Chilliwack Fly and Tackle
Riverside Fly and Tackle
Hatch Match'r Fly and Tackle
Pacific Angler

The fish are in so have a great fall season!
Fish with Stealth

SFT

« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 05:26:58 AM by Stealth »

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: Stealth Floats update and Sale!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 08:28:37 AM »

Will the new ones have the problems that the old ones had  >:( or is it a completely new design. Do you have any pictures of what the new design will look like.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Stealth

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 07:35:08 PM »

During my off season that just so happens to correspond with the Steelhead season I was able to do some extensive field testing with our original design and found that the problems that we had were due to inconsistencies with the manufacturing process. I was also able to determine what was a good float and what was not. All the floats that I tested that had been previously inspected for faults stood up perfectly, and as a matter of fact I did not break a single float and I did fish them hard.  Rather successfully I might add. 8)

All of the original stealth floats that are on special for $1.99 have been inspected so that should weed out the vast majority of faulty units, but keep in mind that these are plastic floats and excessive punishment may cause premature failure, but hey at least it is not $7.00 per float like our European counterparts.

Our new design is slightly wider and also shorter and wow are they tough!  I had to put the samples in a vise to break it. Same concept with a little different shape. We are also including clear collar material as well as surgical tubing. We took every thing we learned from the first batch plus input from several others as well as our own ideas to come up with this new design. As far as pictures go.....not so fast you will just have to wait till they get here. ;D

Fish with Stealth
SFT

Stealth

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 08:59:29 PM »

Army and Navy in Langley now has the floats on sale.
New West and Vancouver locations should have them
in stock in the next couple of days!