Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: who has been to the Lamiglas store/head office in Washington State?  (Read 3265 times)

norm_2

If you are in Seattle, is it worth the drive?  What should I expect to see there?  What are the prices?  Are there any deals available?  Is there much of a selection?  What did you buy and what was the regular price at that time?

Please pass on any information because I and probably most here, have not been there.  Thanks.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
Re: who has been to the Lamiglas store/head office in Washington State?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 03:49:39 PM »

I don't know if they actually sell out of there or not..but i know if they dont right next door they have a company that does...I haven't been there but only talked to them on the phone and they told me about the shop next door.

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 04:01:21 PM »

I've been there about three times.  Keep in mind that they are not open on the weekend and they conduct normal business hours.  The store itself is just an extension of their business offices.  There is one part where they sell used and or blemished rods at good prices.  Selection will vary depending on what's in stock.  For an example, you may find a Certified pro Dave Vedder series 10-6" rod for about $120.00 US.  Most of their rods are the shorter 9 foot models though.  Another part of the store is where they show their model lineup.  They do not sell these new rods and they tell you to go to a retail shop to buy them.  The used or blem rods are not supposed to be covered by the lifetime warranty but I have sent one in for replacement before and they did not have a problem replacing it.  I'm not sure if it is worthwhile to drive all the way down there just for the store.  If you are going down anyways it is worthwhile to stop.  The store is located in Woodland which is about 20 miles north of Portland.  Incidently, G-Loomis and Talon also have offices there.  If you are going down, be sure to stop by Sportco warehouse in Fife (south of Auburn).  They have good prices on Terminal tackle (line, hooks etc..)  If you go into Portland, remember that there are no sales taxes there.  I picked up some hodgeman wader boots (Lakestream) for $27.00 at the sports authority in Portland.  There are many places in Washington to shop for fishing gear.  I suggest you visit the Piscatorial Pursuits site and do a search on "Tackle Shops" .    Before I get flamed here, I do support my local tackle shops in the Lower Mainland.  Just ask Berrys!

norm_2

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 04:50:59 PM »

Thanks everyone.

Doug, does Loomis and Talon have a store selling the same type of stuff as Lamiglas?  Thanks.

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 08:01:12 PM »

I've only visited Loomis once a few years ago and they did not have any store like lamiglas.  I had trouble finding the Talon office and I doubt they have a store but you can order rods and blanks through their website.

Muddler

• Tight Lines!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 09:28:32 AM »

I don't know about the loomis store, but doug basically said everything i was gonna say. Also, Woodland is about a 2 to 2.5 hour drive south of seattle and it puts you about 20 minutes north of Portland. If you go there check out the Pike pictures in the warranty area. All of those Pike were caught just outside of Woodland.

YESFISH

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 11:18:59 PM »

If you want to purchase lamiglas rods, go to Outdoor Emporium in Seattle or Sportco in Fife (See John).
$190-215 US
Mark

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 01:02:22 PM »

I love all these guys commenting who have never even  been in the store  ::)

I went down to cannon beach 2 summers back so for that trip it is a small detour and very worth while...seattle, thats another story and it really depends on what you are looking for.

I spent an hour to an hr and a half in there.  I got a tour of the plant with the head of their sales team.  I personally found it amazing to see how a rod starts off as a piece of cloth impregnated with resin and then I got to walk thru each station right to the point that where it is shipped out the door.  I build rods though so I think thats why I appreciated it so much.

While I was there I got some lamiglas clothing that I hadnt seen else where, looked thru their 2nds, and bought 2 blanks.  The original point in the trip was to warranty a broken blank (and its a blank I love).  They gave me one on warranty and sold me 2 more identical ones for a rediculously cheap price as it was discontinued stock.

If a plant tour is of interest then call ahead to ensure they can do that for you and then that in itself would be worth it.  I think I got really lucky picking up those blanks, I would not head down there again expecting to have the same success.  The retail section with reconditioned rods, seconds, etc, etc didn't have any smoking deals that I saw but inventory must differ greatly from month to month based of the nature of the supply....its kinda like Winners, sometimes there are some smoking deals in there on stuff you actually want and sometimes there isn't...just gotta go and check it out.  One thing I can say is that the selection was extensive...lots of choices. Once again, maybe a call ahead could help clarify if they have the type stock you want and a price that makes sense.

hope my answer provided you with some good information  ;)

Gooey