Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Local Flow Oct 20  (Read 5327 times)

MERC

• Old Timer
Local Flow Oct 20
« on: October 20, 2007, 05:05:37 PM »

I guess it's been awhile since I posted a real report so here goes nothing. 
Cupcake (Jetboat Jim) and I had been talking all week about where to go this weekend, what with the rain storms predicted earlier in the week.  Would the Vedder blow out?  What about the Chehalis?   ???  Friday evening, we finally firmed up our plans to head to a "local flow" first and if not productive, go try the Vedder and see what it was like.  We really wanted to hit a river that wasn't going to be negatively affected by the deluge predicted by all the local weather people.  So, we get to our spot early and wait about an hour for first light.  As we're the first ones there, we figured there's no point getting out of a warm truck to wait in the rain to reserve our spot.  We knew there was eventually going to be a lot of people showing up but they hadn't arrived yet.  At first light, we start fishing.  Cupcake lands a pretty decent chum early on that he lets go.  We're after COHO baby!  Then he decides to go for a wander.  He asks me if I've got my cell and I say yes.  In case he found a good pod of fish, he wanted to be able to let me know so I could come and join him.  What a sweetheart, eh?   :D While he's gone, I get a few hits and then I hit jackpot!  A nice 10lb, hatchery doe smacks my roe, float goes down and a great fight and she's in!  (Pics to follow!).  So I call up Cupcake to let him know I just landed my first and he tells me he's on his way  back.  We start fishing again and then it's Cupcake's turn!  A strong fish, some nice aerial acrobatics and a 12-13lb buck is on the beach!  We keep fishing for awhile longer and Cupcake lands a 6-7lb wild doe that is released quickly.  We fish awhile longer miss some serious strikes and then decide to call it a day.  As we both hadn't posted any heros shots for awhile,  we both decided it's about time.

Mine:

Cupcake's:

All in all a very nice day.
President Club S. C. & P.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Local Flow Oct 20
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 05:27:23 PM »

Can someone please tell me (email if you want) what local flow this is?? I can't seem to recognize that concrete structure in the background. :o

Jim, wash your waders. Those red stains are almost as bad as the ones on mine. ;)

Pretty nice fish I guess. :)

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 06:12:17 PM »

Those are brand new Rod, anyone know how to get procure outta waders?

If you do know the spot please dont reveal it because we dont want it to turn into a gong show ;) ;) ;D

Its allways fun fishing with my friend "PORK CHOP"

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 06:26:25 PM »

Hey Merc,nice pictures and a nice report from your local flow :D :D ;D ;D,

chum dad

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 06:27:26 PM »

Hey Merc your pics are hilarious! My son and i saw you earlier this morning, don't worry your secret is safe with us! Went to Chehalis, lots of Hos in the hatchery but not much in the river unfortunatelty, we'll try Sturgeon next weekend. I'm interested in trying some procured roe for my next outing, you were mentioning to a gentlemen that Boraxed roe doesn't work as well as procured, maybe that explains my past disappointments using roe.

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 06:48:24 PM »

The pictures were "photoshop" so that the next wave of fishermen will head down to the "dam" tomorrow. The plan is to clear the Vedder River so that they can fish it alone tomorrow. ;D ;D ;D

Good going guys...nice looking cohos.

Well, we hit the Chehalis and got blanked today. Nice flow but void of fish and that includes chums.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 06:50:13 PM by CohoMan »

flatlander

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 06:50:43 PM »

Well done gentlemen!  You're secret spot is safe with me  ;D ;D ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 06:54:49 PM »

The pictures were "photoshop" so that the next wave of fishermen will head down to the "dam" tomorrow. The plan is to clear the Vedder River so that they can fish it alone tomorrow. ;D ;D ;D

Good going guys...nice looking cohos.

Well, we hit the Chehalis and got blanked today. Nice flow but void of fish and that includes chums.

Look at their faces. They are both not smart enough to come up with something so brilliant LOL

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

eggma

• beat it
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 07:32:14 PM »

Looks like a pretty good day at the Stave.  Nice work guys. 

J.G.

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 07:35:13 PM »

Hey Merc your pics are hilarious! My son and i saw you earlier this morning, don't worry your secret is safe with us! Went to Chehalis, lots of Hos in the hatchery but not much in the river unfortunatelty, we'll try Sturgeon next weekend. I'm interested in trying some procured roe for my next outing, you were mentioning to a gentlemen that Boraxed roe doesn't work as well as procured, maybe that explains my past disappointments using roe.

Didn't we talk about this? Salmon are chemical junkies. Sulfites, nitrates, and different phermones, drive them nuts........

allwaysfishin

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 07:35:27 PM »

hey.... what gives..... you guys sharing my secret spots with the world again  ;D
nice fish guys... and thanx for the heads up MERC ...  ;)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 07:40:46 PM »

Those are some big hatchery fish!!!!! Thanks for the report!
weeeeeeeeeow!

stlhd4ever

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 07:49:36 PM »

Hey I saw you guys down at the stave also. Was fishing just down from u guys.here's what I've got to show for my 3.5 hrs of fishing
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 09:03:30 PM by stlhd4ever »
Wishin I was Fishin

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 07:51:57 PM »

Hey I saw you guys down at the stave also. Was fishing the pin just down from u guys.her's what I've got to show for my 3,5 hrs of fishing

were you chucking guts??
weeeeeeeeeow!

stlhd4ever

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 07:53:36 PM »

You bet ya. I've worked on my cure for a couple years stave coho just slam. Had 6 fish brought to shore this mornin
Wishin I was Fishin