Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Good Times August 11th/12th, 2007  (Read 3865 times)

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
Re: Good Times August 11th/12th, 2007
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 10:55:06 PM »

i release all the bass that i swindle to go forth and multiply.i'll get right on those hard facts and #s for ya

releasing all those bass doesn't make you a good sportsman, it just confirms that they're not worth retaining.... :P ..... why do you think you never see them on sale at safeway or save on foods ? ....and how many cookbooks feature recipes for them?...NONE.....coarse fish at best, garbage fish in the least.

allwaysfishin

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 11:49:42 PM »

as an angler worried about ethics and the survival of salmonids....... i would think that you would kill every single goddam bass you encounter........ of course i jest.... don't take my comments seriously.... not everyone sees bass the way i do...... i hear they make good fertilizer for the garden  ;D by the way... were is the bass fishing hot?  8)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 09:45:58 AM »

13+ fish landed, all released, all survived...I know it's hard for treble hook snagging bass fisherbeeks to understand but some of us do know how to properly handled and release fish...Your so called facts when you find them but to which I KNOW your going to refer is based on all fish caught...which when I'm on the river and see YOU guys and your coffee grinders and have to, NOT, to kindly remind you that this is a single barbless hook fishery ...takes into account how many hooked by you and your brethren end up dying...I'm guessing at least 85%
Talk to Newsman about how many fish caught by his group of YOUNG flyfisherman ended up dying over at the pond he took um too...Find out some real facts first before you beek off???