Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capilano River August 12th, 2007  (Read 3406 times)

Yofishon

Re: Capilano River August 12th, 2007
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 01:12:24 PM »

Hi Nicole 

I got skunked at Furry CR , for 3 hours midday yesterday . A few rising  , but nothing taking or landed for anyone. I am wondering if you know if there is a map around , for some of the decent areas to fish Pinks on the Fraser , in the upcoming weeks. I am familiar with the Veddar fishery , in the fall.  Thanks !

Leave the area as clean , or cleaner than you found it !

fintail1

• got milt?
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 01:22:20 PM »

thats cause most have already moved on from furry creek, they are probably in the mouth and in the squamish system(cheak mamquam etc.)
Fishing is one jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 02:29:43 PM »

There is one very good book you can take out at the library, it's called fishing barfishing the lower fraser river, and it illustrates many spots to get into pinks... Many of which I have never heard of.

http://www.hancockhouse.com/products/barfis.htm

I have it photocopied, but you can probably find it at one of the libraries that are open...

I got mine from the central one (which is currently closed). There is a reference only copy plus one you can check out.

I agree, the pinks have probably moved on from furry, and are getting closer to the river mouths now... it's almost party time on the fraser, I can't wait!

Good Luck!
Nicole

"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

Yofishon

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 07:15:52 PM »

Thx Nicole

Beauty ! I will check it out and make some copies. How long does the Pink run last , on the fraser , on average. I am on the North Shore. Let me know when you guys are going out , and maybe we can carpool-truck-pool? , and save on gas , for a 1/2 or one day outting?

Thanks   Brian
Leave the area as clean , or cleaner than you found it !