Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My selective techniques for June Chinook  (Read 6167 times)

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
Re: My selective techniques for June Chinook
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 04:25:31 PM »

Yesterday I talked to a fisher next to me about internet forums. He admitted that he was a former member but was so offended by comments made by some members here that it turned him off. Too bad our mods are letting people here to label, name call, and attack other fishers on the forum. Any reference to bbing as snagging or calling bbers as snaggers should be warned or his post edited. These are offensive comments because people are fishing a method allowed by DFO, like it or not. So if you don't like to eat sushi, does it give you right to trash people who do as barbarians eating raw meat, for example?  Just because you don't like flossing does not give you the right to make offensive comments about bbers whose method is allowed by DFO, who authors the reg. book and knows more about their rules than any anti-floss person. Until DFO officially outlaw flossiing, no one has the right to be the holier than thou judge. You can harbour your opinion or discuss things civilly, but when trashing of bbing occurs publicly in a fishing forum, the mods should caution these posters, otherwise the forum are turning off people. I say if you have a strong opinion against bbing, there is another site which claims this as part of their mission. At least we can choose not to be a part of that site. It is important for a site to claim what it stands for. This site is known to be fair & inclusive. However, I am afraid the anti-floss group is taking over. Too bad.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 04:39:51 PM by Steelhawk »

speycaster

Re: My selective techniques for June Chinook
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 05:26:06 PM »

That is why i use a two hand rod on the Fraser, i can be an elitist. You know one of the uppermost class. ;D ;D