Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Dog Came Through!!  (Read 4815 times)

dennyman

• Old Timer
My Dog Came Through!!
« on: June 12, 2007, 12:26:50 AM »

Over the weekend, my Brittany Spaniel, Sage attained his Field Dog Junior designation. For those into the pointing breeds, this is the first step to getting a good bird dog in the field. Considering we adopted him when he was about two years old, I really am quite proud of  how far the little dog has come in his field training. Anyhow here is a pic of me and one of the judges at the field test, along with of course Sage.

younggun

• Old Timer
Re: My Dog Came Through!!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 08:38:50 PM »

awsome, really nice looking dog u got there.
Fish killer 101

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 10:09:02 PM »

Congrats. Nice looking dog. It sure is nice isn't it when you see all that hard work in training paying off. I am starting to see it with our boxer. He starts his advance training beginning of july.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

allwaysfishin

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 09:43:23 PM »

I have a rotweiller... anyone ever hear of a rottie pointing?  I take him on hunts for grouse and bunnies, he sees em before i do most of the time and he stops, drops the shoulders and head and sticks his nose far forward, into a stance that only means one thing.... he spotted a bird or bunnie.... twice it's been a nice buck hehe . The funny thing is he lifts his left paw and freezes when he does this.... the first time this happened I was like.... what the hell is Higgins doing.. he's pointing!! I got a real kick out of it. Now I don't know a thing about hunting dogs and won't pretend to think that my dog is one but I thought i'd share that. Wierd eh?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 08:45:06 PM »

Well done.