Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What a great shoot!!!  (Read 6510 times)

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
What a great shoot!!!
« on: January 13, 2007, 10:14:54 PM »

Received a phone call from a friend yesterday and asked me would like to join them for a day of duck hunting. Woke up this morning around 6:30, get myself ready, with all the decoys, gun and ammo... First stop, starbucks, get myself a nice dark coffee and a muffin then meet them at the local boat ramp at 7:30. We loaded up 2 boats with 6 hunter, hundreds of decoys, and few robo duck.... Finally arrived at out spot around 8:15, set up out decoys and blinds. around 8:30 our waiting game began....  When i get in the blind, something doesn't feel right, something hard to explain... nothing flying, nothing cracking its dead... I said it to myself "did i make a right move today?/ maybe i should just go do some steelheading instead." After i said that, spotted a pair comming hard to the decoys, both feet were down almost ready to land i yell "TAKE um' " Jim and herb popped up, down goes the 2 bird..  "well as lease there something in the bag." i said. The day starts to light up, birds start flying, few at a time.. getting them to the decoys and down it goes...As i just turn around to grab something in my bag, at the corner of my eye i saw a big flock of mallard, maybe 25 of them comming hard to the pocket... we all wait until the perfect moment, all jump up at the same time bang bang bang.. in the matter of seconds 11 mallards drop into the water, front, right and center.... After that, things slowed down, couple single here and there. Missed a few, passed a few and we wrapped up the day at 2:30 with 48 mallards- 10 hen and 38 drake.  What a fun day of shooting, hopefully i can hunt one more day before it closed on the 19th.   Anyway, good luck to your all and keep shooting.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: What a great shoot!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 10:34:00 PM »

Sounds like a great day of duck hunting. What's the daily limit on ducks ? Is there a seasonal limit ?

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 03:18:01 PM »

WHOA thats lots of ducks ;D How do they taste?? Also what are hens and drakes??? Thanks
weeeeeeeeeow!

Clipper

• Kevin
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 03:58:05 PM »

hen is a female drake is a male
tight lines