Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Resort Recomendations?  (Read 1412 times)

fishersak

• I'm a llama!
Resort Recomendations?
« on: January 08, 2007, 09:54:53 PM »

OK guys here is the thing.....

I want to take my elderly dad and wife for a little interior stillwater fishing....access must be good (no 4X4) , and the accomodations need to be clean and comfortable.  I'd prefer something with a kitchen so we can cook, but that is not necessary if the resort has food service.

Timing will be in the last 2 weeks of May...possibly the long weekend in May (yeah, I know it will be crazy on that particular weekend)

I was thinking Roche, Corbet, or something like that......

What are your interior lake resort recomendations / experiences? 

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Resort Recomendations?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 10:09:07 PM »

I was at Corbett last year. I would give it a B+ Great fishing and decent accomadations. Also another good place would be Douglas Lake Ranch. I am taking my dad and brother to Douglas Lake Ranch in September

http://www.douglaslake.com/

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 10:10:57 PM »

Salmon lake on the Douglas Lake Ranch has nice cabins with kitchens in them. About $120-150 a nite depending when you go.  ;D
Easy access road, paved & gravel, and there's a general store there also. So.... if they have steak, you have to buy them. Best steak I've had !!!!

WestEast

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 01:02:52 PM »

Consider Paradise Lake http://www.paradiselakeresort.com/ Lots of 12" trout, very comfortable, large self-catering cabins with nice wood-burning heaters, some with TV/VCR/DVD if you must. The cabins are owned privately, but many rent out through Bob and Marion the caretakers. A few come with a rowboat too.