Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Totally not fishing related but.... Daddy got a new pair of shoes!!  (Read 3738 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....

So this is very far away from being fishing related, but here goes.  I also realize that I am probably going to prone to some ribbing but here goes.  So I haven't had the time or ambition to go out and look for deals.  But I haven't bought a new pair of shoes for like a couple years, so I figured that with my $50 gift card that I got, I would go look for a pair of new skids.  Well, looked all over the mall, saw some ok ones, but didn't really like them at all.  Made it over to sport check and man, do they ever have a lot of runners, hikers and what not in the shoe department.  Anyhow, I got to looking, and saw 3 or so pairs of trainers/ hikers that I liked.  After trying them on, I narrowed it down to a couple pairs.  The Crosby cross trainers and a pair of Merrel hikers.  I couldn't afford both of them so I decide on the hikers, make it up to the cashier and she says, "you know, you can get a second pair for 50% off".  So I think, hey with this gift card and the 50% off the second pair, I am basically get one pair for free.  So I head back over and get the Crosby Trainers as well.  Total bill is just over $120 for 2 real nice pairs of shoes.  :o  Man are they ever comfortable as well, and really light.  Regular price for both of these combined without the deal would be just over $300 bucks, so I think that I got a real good deal and I am happy that there are still some deals to be stumbled upon!! ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

younggun

• Old Timer
Re: Totally not fishing related but.... Daddy got a new pair of shoes!!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 04:41:58 PM »

i need a pair bad, my nikes went from white to brown like the vedder!  ;D
Fish killer 101

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 05:12:04 PM »

Do you think a new pair of runners will get out of your steelhead funk ? ;D

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 05:32:58 PM »

Men in comfortable shoes scare me. :o ;D
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 06:49:51 PM »

I own 6 pairs of shoes. Just bought a pair of Nike Shox two weeks ago. I also have about 10-12 jackets. Whats wrong with having a large wardrobe? Also have a ton of Under Armour, pants,shirts,socks,hats,backpack,water bottle

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 08:37:04 PM »

SportChek :) I got the same deal over $300 worth of shoes for less than $130  ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 08:42:19 PM »

I wore the Crosby's all night trying to get them worked in for the Gym tomorrow!! ;D

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 08:42:32 PM »

Just checking.  You guys are still men, right?  I mean c'mon, talking about shopping for shoes?   ::)  ;D ;D ;D

Now, if you got a good deal on a Sage rod or a Calcutta, that I can understand. ......
President Club S. C. & P.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 08:42:38 PM »

I hope the women  ;D do not get offended but boy do you guys sound like a bunch of women  ;D . Talking about shoe shopping on a fishing site. If Al Bundy was dead he would role over in his grave. And then top it all off bb talks about his wardrobe  ::) ::). Now I really need a drink. Let's hope you GUYS get back to reality after the derby.  :P :P

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 09:00:35 PM »

Some of us in our thirties still look good  :P Ever heard the expression " Clothes make the man "

Just because you are married is no reason to let yourself go. I have always cared about the way I look and what I wear. Nothing wrong with that  ;D

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 09:10:05 PM »

Male thongs are next....

Here I went with a full day of work, my living room roof is leaking, I've had to rip out a bunch of ceiling tile...I bought some wicked cool spoons from the spoon king...painted them too and watched football while eating tuna fish...AND i put my brand new adidas  superstars undercover so they don't get dirty..

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 09:29:39 PM »

Male thongs are next....

Here I went with a full day of work, my living room roof is leaking, I've had to rip out a bunch of ceiling tile...I bought some wicked cool spoons from the spoon king...painted them too and watched football while eating tuna fish...AND i put my brand new adidas  superstars undercover so they don't get dirty..

Nope never ever will their be thongs. Atleast not me anyways. Cant speak for Ricky and Steel... :D

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 09:34:53 PM »

Male thongs are next....

Nope never ever will their be thongs. Atleast not me anyways. Cant speak for Ricky and Steel... :D
No thongs, unless I buy them for the Girlfriend.  Just shoes for me!! ;D

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 09:39:21 PM »

Hey Rod since you started a section for hunting maybe you can start a section for these GUYS(girls) for shopping  ;D

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 09:41:32 PM »

Hey Rod since you started a section for hunting maybe you can start a section for these GUYS(girls) for shopping  ;D

Flyguy is jealous again.  :P

Belong to the "4 F Club"