Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder 29th December 2006  (Read 6570 times)

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
Re: Vedder 29th December 2006
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 10:08:50 PM »

Congrat to you Deadhead,nice pictures ;)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2006, 10:37:08 AM »

Congrtas Dead head!!  Beauty fish. :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

allwaysfishin

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2006, 11:27:02 AM »

yup another big bar 'o' silver... looks good on you deadhead, good job ;)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2006, 11:36:13 AM »

So here is my lackluster report from yesterday!! :-\

Made it out for a long day yesterday, fished from first light through till after 3.  Started up top, saw nothing there, then hit mid, and after a while, saw a couple.  A nice 12-13 lb long slender doe.  Man that was a beautiful fish,  Took a couple pics for the guy and his dog.  Funny thing the dog grabbed the guys line a couple times, and I thought for sure the fish was going to make it's escape.  :o ???  But I ran out into the river and grabbed the fish when I saw it was a hatchery.  Then after pounding it a bit more, headed down to the Peach rd area and realized that the water I wanted to fish now was on the other side of the river.  Mental note for next time.  Nice water down there, just better fished from the other bank.  Hammered it around the area for about 2 hrs then decided I was done. Saw or heard of nothing in that area.  0-6 and counting for me!!  Getting to be a man possessed now, and think that I will head up tomorrow and New Years day, so no partying for me, this is more important!!  ;D  The cool thing is, the girlfriend knows how important this is to me, and backs me 100%!!!  :o    SO I may be 0 fer 8 by the time I have to go back to work, but not for lack of trying. But I am getting closer, the last few trips I have been in the right general area, and I now have 5 runs that I have seen produce fish.  So.......

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2006, 03:13:14 PM »

I warned you that the searun curse works  ;D . You never believe me but once he puts it on it is there till he decides to take it off. I guess you better be really nice to him or it will last all steelhead season.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2006, 03:57:22 PM »

Wow, DH had his steely in one cast and BS ( a top rod in the forum) had o in 6 tries (probably thousands of casts). Such is steelheading. Congrats to your beauty DH, and keep on trucking BS.  ;D

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2006, 04:20:03 PM »

IT IS THE SEARUN CURSE
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 04:23:05 PM by fly_guy »

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2006, 04:25:06 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D  Thanks SteelHawk :-[ :-[ :-[  Not Sure how to take that!! ;D  Anyhow, I put the Curse on the Freak today, so we'll see how he does!!  Also I wasn't aware that Searun put the curse back on me!!! ;D ;D

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2006, 04:34:24 PM »

Don't worry freak the searun curse is the most powerful curse out there when it comes to fishing  ;D . I would take any other curse but if I had the searun curse put on me I would be screwed for the season. Sorry BS. You better be nice to him.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2006, 04:41:13 PM »

Don't worry freak the searun curse is the most powerful curse out there when it comes to fishing  ;D . I would take any other curse but if I had the searun curse put on me I would be screwed for the season. Sorry BS. You better be nice to him.
You know you are totally souding like a crazed hack, and losing credibilty if you ever had any.  Curses, there are no curses other than you actually catching one for only what the 3rd time since I met you. ::)  Now you won't shut the hell up.  Really man, learn when to shut up.  It was one fish.  Come at me when you can hit more than 5 in one season. 

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2006, 04:42:39 PM »

Don't mean any harm BS. Curse or no curse, the top rods will come out on top at the end of the season for sure. Right now early in the season with very few fish around, luck is more important than skill in catching a steely. Look forward to many of your catch reports, much more than us so-so rods.  :)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 04:45:58 PM by Steelhawk »

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2006, 04:45:03 PM »

Sounds like someone needs their happy pills  ;D . Go to your happy place  ;D .

Big Steel
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 04:51:31 PM by fly_guy »

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2006, 04:58:15 PM »

Sounds like someone needs their happy pills  ;D . Go to your happy place  ;D .

Take a pill
That happy place is on the river and I will be back there tomorrow and the next day!!  As for being a Top Rod, well.....I am not one, I am just a guy that has a lot to learn still.  That is why I spend so much time out there watching the river and trying to figure out this game.

FlyGuy, have your fun now.  You deserve it I guess after not being to make it out that much over the last couple seasons.  You know I won't stay down for that long.  Persistance always pays off. ;)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2006, 05:03:50 PM »

A double hernia surgery right at the beginning of steelhead season two years ago and working 90 hours a week at three jobs to put the wife threw school last year made it pretty tough to get out and fish. Spent my free time in bed.

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2006, 05:55:56 PM »

Hey big steel you wont to go fishing with me ? I can show you a few tricks ....that maybe will  help you out.I just maybe be able to get that curse of your back
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 05:57:36 PM by dead head »