Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Learnt Lots  (Read 1532 times)

sassygrams

Learnt Lots
« on: December 24, 2006, 06:28:34 PM »

;D I just wanted to say "Thank You" to the fellows who took me out today....  I had a wonderful time, even though we didn't catch anything.  I learnt a whole lot and had the opportunity to use this bait cast that you all talk about - went to Reaction and they will set me up in January with a rod and reel.  I'll look for a second hand pair of waders and a vest and I'll be good to go....

My pleasure meeting the others today as well -

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration." - Izaac Walton

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
Re: Learnt Lots
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 09:00:22 PM »

looks like youll get into some fish soon.

leaping steely

• Old Timer
  • Who goes fishing anymore?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 09:13:30 PM »

It was nice meeting all of you on the flow today. Even with no hookups, it was a lot of fun.. ;)

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 12:36:17 PM »

Hey Sassy.  We said hi at the Hortons, when I came in and found BS and FF.  BTW, I hooked into one yesterday but lost it.  Float went down a bit slow and I lifted the rod tip slowly and a fish came thrashing to the surface with my shrimp in its mouth, spat the hook and then couldn't be enticed to bite again.  But then a few casts later, I hit a small trout.  Hopefully the rain didn't kill the river for tomorrow.
President Club S. C. & P.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 12:39:45 PM »

Thanks for coming out Sassy.  Was nice to have some new out fishing with us.  I am a bit surprised how well you did do with the level wind, better than I did when I first started using them!! ;D ;D

Merry Christmas and feel free to join us out there again in the new year!! ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!