Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How many of you are hunters....??  (Read 16282 times)

kingpin

• Old Timer
Re: How many of you are hunters....??
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2007, 05:18:18 PM »

any retard can point a rifle and shoot a big deer or bear, it takes skill to call waterfowl and get them to commit, or shoot them on the pass, takes a lot of practice and skill to learn how to lead them properly and its the best hunting around.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007, 10:20:26 PM »

Big game or bird shooting both require its own set of skills...  I would not just pin point at certain type of hunting. And kingpin, i would not make such statement "any retard can point a rifle and shoot a big deer or bear..."  Each of those game do mean alot to that hunter. He/She might put in hours and hours of stalking, climing thousands of feet in rough terrain, soaking in down pours or baking under the boiling sun before they get that animal...  Anyway, we still got about another 10 days before the season end so go out and do some field control... goodluck

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2007, 12:55:14 PM »

i wasnt saying big game hunting is easy, i know how much effort can go into finding animals and stalking/tracking them, its tough, i was just saying shooting waterfowl is tougher IMO as you have to lead them and fall into a rythme and get used to it. i think pointing a gun with a high powered scope at an animal is easy compared to learning how to shoot birds. maybe im just a good shot though ;D
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

Clipper

• Kevin
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2007, 12:23:09 AM »

im a hunter  that dont hunt anymore  try to stay on the river ???
tight lines

allwaysfishin

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2007, 01:19:56 PM »

I hunt mainly big game, I used to hunt birds in the beginning but the shot gun doesn't agree with my back from a work injury that won't go away. My favorite hunting is stalking blacktails in the thick of it and though it is gruelling hiking at times, I have taken some nice animals from some crazy places. I hunt for meat and the enjoyment of being in the wild. This year I am on a mission for a big bull elk.... I missed one on a stalk this year, my calling partner had it within 100 yards but the cover was too thick for a clean shot so I passed. I also love hunting upland birds and i do so with a tricked out .22 with a 6 to 18 power scope, nice clean head shots so none of those little birdies lose any meat.
just saw this section today, pleased that Rod has included hunting on this great site

I also enjoy hunting bulls eyes at the gun range... this lil baby helps me out with that... can't take this one in the bush but that's prolly a good thing :D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 01:24:43 PM by allwaysfishin »

2:40

• Old Timer
  • Floss your teeth, not your fish!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2007, 08:41:34 AM »

Ive been known to do a little hunting as well. Not much of late, but I intend to get back to it in the near future and get another moose.
I have a right to fish and a responsibility to treat this right as a privilege.

Ethics is your actions and behaviour when no one is watching.

A problem well stated is a problem half solved.

Since when was snagging just a question of ethics and personal choice?

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 04:25:53 PM »

I know all about shoot water foul, i trap shoot out at the richmond range! 12ga. burretta breaks them clays nicely! I just find big game more exciting, and physically tougher!
Fish killer 101

Toprod

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2007, 11:54:50 PM »

I personally enjoy mulie/blacktail hunting in regions 1, 2, 8, and 5.  I have taken animals from all areas listed, each presents its own unique challenges.

huntwriter

• Othmar Vohringer Outdoors
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 11:01:32 PM »

Wow, I have been away  from this site for a few months and look what happend. A Hunting  Cabin! Thanks Rod.
Othmar Vohringer - Smart Hunting Strategies (SHS)
http://www.othmarvohringer.com/